Sign in to follow this  
TomDaTech

I need some wire Help . . .

Can anyone help me ? I am trying to run the factory video sound thru my head unit. Now I am new to this so be easy with the terms and all .

What I own

1999 Oldsmobile Sillhouette

JVC El Kameleon Head Unit

MTX 12" Sub

I am not sure if you need more info but if you do feel free to ask.

Now my problem is this when I put on the fold down screen it and have the radio on the rear speakers go off. Its set that way from factory. but to even hear the video trhu any speakers at all I have to totally shut off the hEAD uNIT ( IT DID THIS WITH THE ORIGINAL sTOCK RADIO aLSO) I want to know how and if I can bypass that and set it to go thru the aux. line in my head unit so that the movie can use the sub for greater sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions feel free to ask I am alsways reading and mostly around.

Thanks In advanced for those of you who help.

WHY IS DIYMA LINKING OFF OF SSA?

The above question is nothing about you Tom... something fishy is goin on with this forum.

Anyways, explain in better detail about your headunit.

You say you have to shut your headunit off to hear sound..

That's impossible because if it was off.. then it would be OFF.. So i am lost at the beginning.

Edited by shizzzon

WHY IS DIYMA LINKING OFF OF SSA?

My guess is he copy-n-pasted his post from DIYMA onto SSA and it copied the hyperlinking as well. DIYMA has this fucking retarded dictionary thing that hyperlinks any word found in it's dictionary. It's annoying as shit.

I edited out the hyperlinking.

Can anyone help me ? I am trying to run the factory video sound thru my head unit. Now I am new to this so be easy with the terms and all .

What I own

1999 Oldsmobile Sillhouette

JVC El Kameleon Head Unit

MTX 12" Sub

I am not sure if you need more info but if you do feel free to ask.

Now my problem is this when I put on the fold down screen it and have the radio on the rear speakers go off. Its set that way from factory. but to even hear the video trhu any speakers at all I have to totally shut off the hEAD uNIT ( IT DID THIS WITH THE ORIGINAL sTOCK RADIO aLSO) I want to know how and if I can bypass that and set it to go thru the aux. line in my head unit so that the movie can use the sub for greater sound? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions feel free to ask I am alsways reading and mostly around.

Thanks In advanced for those of you who help.

You are going to need to give more details about your present wiring scheme, what headunit you have, and what flip down monitor you have.

Ok well I will try to give you all the info your asking for before I do that I will give you some background on the Items that were in the mini van to begin with.

Stock head unit

Stock 8 inch fold down video monitor

Stock DVD player ( Stand alone not integrated )

The unit above the drivers head has Head phone jacks and indivisual volume controls for each

It also has a seperate radio control so then the kids are in control of what they can hear in the head phones.

Let me explaine a lil further.

When I got the van the radio would work real good and the video was fine too but in the owners manual the directions ( this is where it gets wierd for me ) it says to utilize the cars factory speaker system shut down the radio itself. How does that make any sense but the fact of the matter is some how some way the fold down video system powers the rear speakers on its own. This is the part I am getting confused with. How is it that the speakers work that are physically hooked up to the radio when the radio is not on ?

My problem is how do I intyergrate the amp and subs into the video audio sound ? I do not have a schematic of the wiring. or anything so I am stumped.

The audio is hooked up as a normal aftermarket system.

Head Unit

Amp.

RCA's

Power wires

Speaker wires

So I am not sure anyone can help me but I would really appreciate it I am at witts end I will try to get some pictures up of the items I have in the mini van.

Thanks again for the reply let me know if you need more I will write as much as you need me to to get this resolved.