Sign in to follow this  
aBrokeNinja91

Desert heat and Batteries

i plan on upgrading the battery under the hood with an agm but am worried about the arizona heat "killing" it. does anyone live in hot weather that has an agm bat in their car, and if it lasts as long as people say?

Well...I have an Optima Red Top under my hood and it withstood the hottest summer in Central Texas history without any issues whatsoever (and it was being beat on by my system as well).

As a side note, the shit was crazy. It was 101+ on a regular basis. I would get into my car and the thermometer would read 117 in the car and at one point the trim on the side of my doors actually MELTED off...My car was parked outside (in the blistering sun) at all times and really...this is the first time I've ever considered that the battery might have been in trouble lol. That's how well it did.

indeed, it gets hot here.. i have never had an issue.... i know its hotter in AZ but its a dry heat....

we do have a clan of members here from AZ. perhaps they can be more helpful to you regional needs

indeed, it gets hot here.. i have never had an issue.... i know its hotter in AZ but its a dry heat....

we do have a clan of members here from AZ. perhaps they can be more helpful to you regional needs

Oh yeah, Bigjon, you're in San Marcos huh? I almost forgot.

I have a maroon truck and idle for long periods of time and my agm is as happy as can be. Also live in ms it gets pretty hot around here.