Sign in to follow this  
mikebingham34

98 grand cherokee sub and port position

hey everyone, so, soon I will be getting a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I have the majority of my system ready to install. (please dont judge, i was not as educated when i bought this stuff) Rockford Fosgate P2 12" (2011 model) (it meh...), Rockford R500-1 amp (low efficiency, 58% @ 2 ohms) , Sony CDX-GT565UP (love it), and KnuKonceptz 4 gauge kit. right ow I have a crappy box to test with, its 1.72 cuft tuned to 31Hz via 4" aero. I will be building a 2-2.2 cuft box tuned to 32 once i am sure how i want the port and sub positioned. the current box i have the sub is on one side and the port on the other. so it will be easy to experiment how it will be positioned. my question is, how should i position my sub and port? i will test and tune once i get the jeep, but im curious if anyone is/was in the same position and could give some advise. im thinking either sub up center, port back driver side. or sub up center, port side (driver). any opinions? I guess im just eager haha. thanks for your help!

Sub up port back is generally successful in SUV's.