chris the man

Fi N3 PRICES!!!!!???????

not sure how familiar you guys are with fi on here, ran just about every sub they have had since back in 08

but check this out, when the N3 launched it was around 530 give or take your model i know this because i purchased a 15"

BUT NOW ITS 800 DOLLARS!!!!!!

as seen here

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154fab58ee6eb3b/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/0070_N3/product_overview.shopscript

now wait let me guess... this is what the reply will be

NEO cost has gone up (which is absolutely true)

cost of labor, other misc materials has gone up

and the original--WE innovate, we design, we are god, we created subs, we are the best (which is mostly true)

PLUS we CNC all our products here IN AMERICA (which is awesome)

well honestly none of this matters, thats great that you make your products and that you really do innovate new technology. But with numerous companies OEMing your products like lets say crossfire, ascendant, and ssa. You think you would take the cost off of the customer.

in-fact dont you guys machine other companies motors and entire subwoofers?

so why is one paying 300 dollars more now? thats almost twice the price then the original.

say what you want, honestly i don't take offense. In fact i would like an answer, and i hope you say "because we like to be exclusive and really ass rape our customers on price so we can get rich, and make sure the poor can not afford our products because we are the bugatti of subs"

you guys have blown up a ton, your customer service on the other hand? pretty soon you'll be just like kicker right?

if i get banned, or this gets locked, or i get a warning... i would like a serious explanation

please entertain me

So do you expect them to eat the cost of the neo and other materials going up in cost?

It cost them more to build them now so guess what that means... ding ding. You pay more...

why are you putting them on blast for ????

You answered your own question in your post. If the price for their materials goes up the cost of the product goes up. Would you like them to switch to an overseas build house: stop supporting our economy, and have a less hands on approach? If you can't afford it look for a different sub. I'm not trying to be a dick and I also can't afford an 800+ dollar sub.

And this forum does not ban people for voicing their opinion so I wouldn't be too worried about that. I'm just not sure what answer you would like to receive.

This is exactly why we did not take one of our models neo. The pricing is almost completely prohibitive. Now, with that said, the BTL N3 as a LOAD of machine work that the mass majority of drivers don't come close to having. What that build house makes is a premium product, no question about it. Also, the price still being lower then other brands, Fi has applied the Neo pucks the best way that I understand. Trust me, the time it takes to machine and build something like the BTL-N3 is much longer then gluing together some parts direct from overseas.

I love my N2 12" ! You can't imagine. I don't even remember how much I paid for it !

I never thought it would sound so good.

Threadstarter cracks me up.

Cost to build a subwoofer: $100

The price the thread starter wants to pay for that subwoofer: $80

Makes no sense?

Edited by AllenH427

OP - the price of neo is going up alot , like 2,3,4,5 times

in recent times like 2-3yrs ago alot of companies were jumping on the neo bandwagon , even eminence & audiopipe had neo speakers selling at a reasoble cost but when the neo price began to blow up almost everybody back-peddled & went back to the much more affordable ferrite magnets

if u dont want to pay that much for a neo sub then i suggest u go with subs that use traditonal ferrite magnets

This is exactly why we did not take one of our models neo. The pricing is almost completely prohibitive. Now, with that said, the BTL N3 as a LOAD of machine work that the mass majority of drivers don't come close to having. What that build house makes is a premium product, no question about it. Also, the price still being lower then other brands, Fi has applied the Neo pucks the best way that I understand. Trust me, the time it takes to machine and build something like the BTL-N3 is much longer then gluing together some parts direct from overseas.

i found my self wishing there was a Z con neo.. weight never mattered to be in the past but now its starting too.. i shaved 100 pounds in batteries.. and 150 LBS in wood... just im just left with heavy subs..... but i get where your coming from.. ALOT of people just would not buy them strictly because of price tag.

You pay for what you get!!! I bought FI because i wanted my moneys worth.

really? thats is?

still waiting for a good answer

AND BY THE WAY, how do any of you guys even know how much neo is going up? id like to see your distributor price sheets.

How about you read this or just even take a glance at the chart and that is how people know how much neo has gone up. If you bought that sub only a year ago it would have still cost nearly double the price for the magnet only 2 months later and this does not even show the continual price increases that are happening. If you read this article it basically explains exactly what you are after. It even talks about how companies were eating costs for a while as they tried to figure out what to do which is what Nick explained Fi was doing also so just get use to the price increase as it will not be going down any time soon.

http://reefbuilders.com/2011/07/09/neodymium-prices-magnets/

really? thats is?

AND BY THE WAY, how do any of you guys even know how much neo is going up? id like to see your distributor price sheets.

I know when I speak to them on the phone.

really? thats is?

If you acknowledge the fact that the cost of materials has gone up, then how can you justify your stupid ramblings about an increase in end price? Profit margins still need to be met, and in this case you seem to think that their margin is quite high.

You fail to understand basic economic principles.

I fear for our future because of people like you.

Edited by stefanhinote

really? thats is?

What is a good answer?

You want somebody to agree and say that Fi is ripping people off? Shit well if that's the case then DD is gettin you up the ass with no lube.

If you want to attack one company because of their pricing (the CHEAPEST company...cmon now) then you have to attack them all equally. If you dont like Fi Car Audio anymore, I'm sure your business will be welcome at Digital Designs. They have plenty of Neo for WAY MORE MONEY.

EDIT: Where's your price sheet to prove us all wrong homie?

Edited by An-i-no

I think he wants the proof its going?

Why its going up?

Blame China, the fact that most of the material to make neo is mined from them, so they basically have a monopoly on it and like to hoard the shit.

Blame China, the fact that most of the material to make neo is mined from them, so they basically have a monopoly on it and like to hoard the shit.

Are they hoarding it, or is there simply less that's mine-able?

Another quality thread from chris the man.