kylehallstrom

dual reflex bandpass for 2 15" N3's

hey guys i was looking for someone to help me try to design a dual reflex bandpass for my 2 15's, idk if this is something that each sub would beed its own box, if so thats fine but i would like both of them to be in the same one.

if this is gonig to be a bad idea just tell me and i can make a slot ported box for them. i would just going to try something new. hoping to have them tuned to about 32-34hz

i will be running them off a BC5500d. i have 4 yello caps, with another under the hood.

i am using 4 RF power series, 2 6.5's in the front and 2 6x9's in the back running off a rf T8004.

big 3 done with fat mat everywhere.

planning on using MDF with a lot of fiberglass on the inside to keep it solid.

looking to upgrade my front speakers tho, any suggestions for that would be much appreciated as well, those would be running off the rf t8004.

looking for 2 ways with a budget of about 400 for the set.

thanks kyle

Are you refering to a 6th order bandpass?

Didnt really give us anyhing to go on but different. Skies the limit for different

For speakers i was looking at:

Bost Acoustic SR60

Focal PS 165

DLS X-Program X-SB62

Soundstream RF3.6c

Precision Power PC2.65c

anyone use or are currently using these?

will be running off an RF T8004

OK, I don't get it... Are you trying to figure out your substage?

ok update.

sorry for confusion everyone.

i made a dual reflex box for my 18 q and i like the sq output of that much more than my slot ported box.

took about 4 times of adding bigger and bigger 45"s in the corners to get it what i wanted.

still planning on making one (box) for 2 15's i just wanted to try a couple boxes before i go all out.

so total i am only running 3 speakers in my blazer, the 2 6x9 RF power series in the back and my 18 q.

so i need to add 2 more speakers, i have 6.5" holes cut where my RF power series speakers were in my front door

i lesten to rap and dubstep mainly, so im just looking for some new components to go in the front, something with a nice clear tweeter, any suggestions are welcomed or can anyone chime in on some of the above mentioned speakers?

also i have 2 nice spots on the top of my dash next to the front windshield that could each house a 6x9 but thats more down the road. i know crossover and amp settings will influence the speakers a lot but im looking for a set of 6.5"s with loud sq.