Briggiboy33

HID FLICKERING.... need help

I just installed a HID kit today that i recieved for my bday... instalation was alright. It came with set of bulbs, set of ballasts, and some small 1x1.5" black cube with power and ground and stuff... but my right bulb flickers alot.. and sometimes just dosnt turn on. And the left sometimes dosnt go on. But i believe i need a relay switch.. not sure where to get that.... if any other questions to help me fix this please ask!

Not sure about the relay, but sometimes cheap hid kits flicker, and can be problematic. (Not saying that's your case, but it's something to consider if everything is setup right and it still doesn't quite work)

some times you do indeed need a relay... what kinda car?

06 tundra but it very well could bw a cheap kit...

My 07 galant does the same, it has something to do with the daytime running lights, but im not exactly sure what.

i have had almost every hid kit you can think of, and i can tell you 100% you have a bad ballast, look up G4 hid kit on ebay the seller has video.

Many newer vehicles have a weird way of lighting the OE lights. So adding HID's can require a special anti-flicker box.

more help here

more help here

When I had that problem it was because the ground in the headlight socket was not enough power to keep the ballast on so I had to ground the ballast to the frame if that don't work make up a relay for the positive side and uh our problem will be solve the reason you get flickering is because the LCM in cars are computerize low voltage units