MikeMartel

Gotta Love Local Shops

Now, Im not sure if this is actually done very often but it seems like a lot of laziness to me. Here is what my local shop did back when my dad first got the speakers installed.

IMG_03951.jpg

They simply spliced into the old connectors for the OEM speakers instead of just running new wire from front to back. But anyways, Im in the middle of rewiring anways so I guess i just need to cut those connections and tape up the loose ends for now.

IMO it's perfectly acceptable when it's a PITA to go through the conduit in the door.

Alright, could be :) I just feel better running wire from front to back, instead of going through like 3 different connectors, Id rather have a new and solid path.

Looks normal to me morning.gif

If you amped your speakers, you wouldn't have this issue anywho gayhaaay1.gif

Looks normal to me morning.gif

If you amped your speakers, you wouldn't have this issue anywho gayhaaay1.gif

x2

Meh

This is how every installer in the land would do it unless you specified you wanted new wiring ran. Then they would charge accordingly.

My speakers are amped?

I understand what you are saying. To me that is not acceptable and it's lazy for a shop to do.

Alright, just a noob mistake by me then, but what im saying is that I do have an amp for my speakers, they arent being run of the HU, they ran the wires from that connector all the way back to the amplifier. (If there was any confusion)

It's all about labor costs and anything they can do to save a buck.

Why would you rerun wire? If it's not broken, why fix it?

IMO it's perfectly acceptable when it's a PITA to go through the conduit in the door.

I agree. Also less labor if the customer is on a budget.

IMO, I don't see anything wrong with using any stock wiring that can be used.

tape is a little lazy iMO but that's just me.

There are new wires from the from to the back. The wires are tapped into the factory harness running to the amp. If they ran completely new wire to each door you would mire than likely complain about a 250 dollar amp install.

Alright, just a noob mistake by me then, but what im saying is that I do have an amp for my speakers, they arent being run of the HU, they ran the wires from that connector all the way back to the amplifier. (If there was any confusion)

I am a little confused... still lol

What I am looking at, in this photo, is from the wire harness, is wired to what seems to be speaker wire, which I'm assuming is running to your door speakers. Now, if your door speakers were indeed amp'd, then you wouldn't be using the wire harness, period.

Ok Sencheezy instead of tuning new wire to the doors they cut the stock speaker wire behind the radio, tied new wire to it and ran that new wire to the amps. So the power goes from the amp, through the new wire and then through the stock wire to the doors.

I would never do it that way but if that's all you paid for then....

Ok, so mike, when you said that they are amp'd, do you mean factory amp or after market amp?

I have an aftermarket amp, a PG Ti500.4, the reason they went through that connector is so they could bypass running wires through the door grommets, the just spliced into the factory wiring connector.

I have an aftermarket amp, a PG Ti500.4, the reason they went through that connector is so they could bypass running wires through the door grommets, the just spliced into the factory wiring connector.

I use the factory wiring into the doors when adding a small highs amp. Once it passed the 100w per speaker point though, I run all new wire. and charge about $40-$60 more. lol

Well, because I did it all myself it cost me close to nothing :) It looks great, much cleaner, and I actually know what all my wires DO this time. :P

most times even when amping i use the OEM wire..... and tape is VERY VERY good..... when used correctly.. ALOT of people have NO clue how to use it.... they just wrap it in the black and call it done..... nothing could be further from correct...

electrical tape must be stretched while applied

Splicing tape must be stretched. Not a necessity for electrical tape, especially given the many types of tape available.