Sencheezy

Voice Coil rated to handle 1k degrees F

not watching the video..but i figure its probably a ceramic coating that is over top of the coil, precision has done it for a number of years but it does not do a whole lot of good because if you surpass the heat point of the glue that binds the wire to the coil under neath of it it will just bubble and slink off like a slinky..

it may work great when it's not in motion, but when something is put in application things changes a great deal. neat stuff though

I didn't watch the video in its entirety either, but your initial thoughts seem to be correct. There is this black coating that seems to be applied over the coil. He did briefly mention that the former will melt off before the coil will fail. I don't know much else of his idea, but I thought it may do some good as coil failures seem to be one of the biggest causes of subwoofer failure due to many user errors, so if you strengthen the coils heat resistance, in theory, it would help lessen that chance. But surely there are other reason to blown subwoofers.

nah..not if you have cooling technology that works :)

..biggest problem that we had was people burning tinsel leads up due to those lovely cheap korean high current amplifiers..we only had a handful of coils that people literally burned them up, most of that was due to wiring a coil out of phase or an amplifier taking a dump and killing the sub with it

nah..not if you have cooling technology that works smile.png

..biggest problem that we had was people burning tinsel leads up due to those lovely cheap korean high current amplifiers..we only had a handful of coils that people literally burned them up, most of that was due to wiring a coil out of phase or an amplifier taking a dump and killing the sub with it

hello !! i can.t see the first video .why ? :( anyone can give me permission please ??

nah..not if you have cooling technology that works :)

people are quick to blame a product before their own actions! Been almost three years running my KOREAN amp with no issues.

I'm trying to figure out what high power amp isn't Korean made these days..

Taramps

Banda

holy 3 yr old thread.LOL

holy 3 yr old thread.LOL

lol..didn't even notice till you mentioned it!

How did this show back up in recent topics then? That's what made me notice and comment lol

Because the person who commented above you commented recently, which leads to it becoming a recent thread. All you have to do is look at the post dates.

hello !! i can.t see the first video .why ? sad.png anyone can give me permission please ??

Because this guy started the thread going again.

I burned the leads up with an American made amp. My fault.