liljestrand

Air helper spring kit.

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/cgi-bin/suscon/60823-scion-xb.html

Was looking at possibly bagging my car to help out with the stereo, but those kits are damn expensive.

Came across this and feel that it would be way more beneficial seeing as my car does not need to go any lower.

Just a few questions. Has anyone tried these? Or something similar. How well do they hold up. Do you constantly need to add air to it. Would the air kit be worth it? its like 180 bucks more.

Figured it would be a good solution to the sagging back end from equipment.

I think Julian used something similar.

you know as i was writing this I could have sworn I saw them recently on here. Thanks rick.

I used them in my Buick and have recommended them to several people. Amazon should have them for a couple bucks less with free shipping. They will lose some air in the cold, but no big deal. They handled 1000lbs of tools in my trunk with no issue and I could not tell a difference in ride quality.

I am currently using them, and they d efinitely help big time.

08 rav4 with three hc2400's a jbl crown 6000gti which is 80lbs about. A large enclosure with two 18's. Car is shy only one inch from original ride height with Max recommended pressure in springs.

Now someone was telling me that its not so good to have these as a all the time solution. If that makes sense. He said I would be better off with stiffer springs and better shocks. If I got this I would pick up the compressor too

No need for a compressor. You can literally fill these things up with a bicycle pump. Check them monthly and you'll be fine. They are not like a traditional air bag that needs to intake and exhaust air. You fill them up and you're done. No need for different springs; the bags are doing nothing else than stiffening or raising the spring rate which is exactly what the stiffer springs will do.

No need for a compressor. You can literally fill these things up with a bicycle pump. Check them monthly and you'll be fine. They are not like a traditional air bag that needs to intake and exhaust air. You fill them up and you're done. No need for different springs; the bags are doing nothing else than stiffening or raising the spring rate which is exactly what the stiffer springs will do.

Yep I refill mine maybe twice a week with 1-2 psi.

The only ride difference was that it felt "spongy" and a little more bouncy but that was a bit not a whole ot.

I would suggest finding a hobby shop with a lift or something similar so you can work on it easier. They say you can use stands but it would of been a 2-3 hour job vs 1.5hr job

I did it in 15 minutes on jack stands, but the Buick had a lot of room to work around and big old man springs.

I did it in 15 minutes on jack stands, but the Buick had a lot of room to work around and big old man springs.

I had to drop my suspension pretty low to get the actual spring out.

there was a lot of shit to get out.

I can remove the rear springs on any Mustang produced from 79 on within 15 minutes. You need some more practice.biggrin.png

I can remove the rear springs on any Mustang produced from 79 on within 15 minutes. You need some more practice.biggrin.png

Remember who we're talking about lol

I need these as well, I have a 2.5" drop in the rear. My picture shows my old accord, I have a scion XD now with 2 batterys in the back, 18" BTL and all the wood ready to be assembled into a box, plus im adding 2 more amps... for more door speakers

Edited by accordwithbass

I think Julian used something similar.

Anyone have the link for his old one handy?

edit: found it

Edited by Shogen

You took the springs off to add the bladders? Was that a requirement? cus when I watched the vid they deflated them and slipped them in with the coils still on the car.

I had to drop them because it was nearly impossible for mr to fit my through so I had to take it off and slip it through the bottom folded up

You took the springs off to add the bladders? Was that a requirement? cus when I watched the vid they deflated them and slipped them in with the coils still on the car.

which kit did you end up ordering phil?

Nothing yet. going to les schwab tomorrow (west coast tire/suspension place) and seeing whats available there