Sign in to follow this  
SMpaintball78

got a few more items in for the zcon build today ;)

got a package in the mail today smile.png got a 50ft spool of xs flex 0 gauge wire sexyynesss....

IMG_20120517_142733.jpg

IMG_20120517_142800.jpg

IMG_20120517_142833.jpg

and once again, i was scanning the local craigslist and came across a oldschool power house... a made in usa kicker zr1000 for... well lets just say it was a killerrr deal haha

IMG_20120517_143621.jpg

IMG_20120517_143629.jpg

IMG_20120517_144321.jpg

just wanted to share a update with the bros!!

i havent decided weather i should keep the zr1000 and use it for my oldschool mustang build, or sell it. i have a matching zr240 that looks exactally like it lol

nice find, i had one back in the day.. one of the strongest amps around back then but expensive then a mother fucker... back in the day they were 1 dollar per watt.... thats right.. that was retailed for 1100 bucks.

looks like your missing the cross over chip tho

nice find, i had one back in the day.. one of the strongest amps around back then but expensive then a mother fucker... back in the day they were 1 dollar per watt.... thats right.. that was retailed for 1100 bucks.

lol yeah thats what my buddy was saying (hes in his 40's and did a lot of oldschool setups back in the day) i was just doing my daily search of craigslist and this popped up first lol. when i took the back off the amp (it has no crossover chip so i had no way to test) 3 different people called trying to get it lol. he said it worked ( we all know how that goes when it comes to craigslist) so i went home and pulled the crossover out of my zr240 and plugged it all in. works like a champ and is stronggg as hell. theres no way this is only 1000 watts..... i was thinking more around 16-1700 atleast.

does anyone know where i can find a module for this? perferably the zrx module.... i have one that i use for my zr240 but i need another one. im thinking about using both of these amps in my mustang build ;) zr240 for the mids and highs, zr1000 for subs

ebay.

there is one but its the tweeter crossover...

Good score man. Those are tanks.

Good score man. Those are tanks.

hey thanks bro! i may throw it on the zcons and make a short video with it running.

nice find !!

I like these amps, I had a friend who had one and it ws beast back in the gap. I would keep the amp since you have a matching mids/highs amp.

I like these amps, I had a friend who had one and it ws beast back in the gap. I would keep the amp since you have a matching mids/highs amp.

Only thing I'm worried about is the alternator in the car is from 1973 so if I had a guess, its no more than 50amp Max.. this zr1000 is 150 amp draw plus the zr240 is another 70amp