Sign in to follow this  
Excursion

I need help deciding on what subs to WALL up in my 2 dr blazer?

I need some suggestions on what subs to wall up in my 2001 2dr S-10 Blazer. This will be my first real build the only thing I have had that was "loud" was 2 15" Kicker L7s dual 4 ohm wired down to 1 ohm by a 2000 watt hifonics brutus (The only competition I was ever apart of I got 3rd place with this system in 2008 at milan dragway in michigan at some street warriors 2000+ watts class I wasnt even going to enter. I got a trophy for it.) . This was 4 years ago. I have not since then had a system in my ride and have now FINALLY decided to get back into the car audio world and will be trying to go "Big" this time. I want to keep my back seats folded down and or maybe take them completley out so I have all the room behind my front seats to work with. I would like to make this an SPL ride with a some what decent sound quality being a daily driver. I do not know the exact dimensions behind the front seats but I will measure tommorow since I am serious about this build. I plan to take roughly a year to make this build happen, so I am willing to spend the money on it but im sure as most of you know saving money takes a little time. I have been constantly on the internet for about a month now every night trying to learn as much as possible from reading forums to watching videos on YouTube. I am just getting into forums on the internet, so i dont know a whole lot about them but they look like a great place to ask for opinions. I would like input from subs, amps, enclosure types, batteries, wires, head units, even down to what RCA cables are better than others. I dont want to make this a cheap build, but im not going to go out and buy the most expensive equptment available (even though I understand you get what you pay for.) I will be installing most if not all of this on my own or with some friends. I would like to make a wall of subs, but I am totally open to other ideas. I have been looking at FI audios 18s SP4s and 18s BTLs n2, DC audio XL 18s, DAD BD 15s, Obsidian Audio 15s, Sundown NSv3 15s. Those are just some subs I have looked at. Amps I have been looking at are Sundown NS-1, Audioque 3500s, Stetsom 7k, Rockford 2500bdcp. I am open to anything really but would like something that will set me apart from others, and make people WANT to listen to what I have and not say "oh look hes got this and that" and his buddy says, "yeah so does everyone else." or " yeah Ive heard that a million times." I know I am leaving out A LOT and I mean A LOT of other info but this is getting too long. Just ask me questions and you will get honest answers. And remember I am open to ALL opinions and ideas. I just need some ideas or opinions from everyone. I will take everything into consideration! Thanks to everyone!

Cactus Sounds MKII

SP audio SP15X

Am I going to extreme here?

Maybe just a little. HAHA, I have never heard of them but looked them up that is crazy!

:WELCOME:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By DeMan2319
      Good evening everybody. I have a few items to install for an Audio System upgrade; but don't know how to go about it. The Items that will be involved are -1 Distribution Block -2 Amps. -1 Capacitor. -1 Equalizer/Crossover -6 Speakers in Total (2 tweeters, 2 Front Door 6.5's, and 2 6x9's) -1 Subwoofer

I'm trying to connect 2 amps; 1 for the Subwoofer and the Second for Speakers. My Aftermarket Head Unit has 3 pairs of RCA plug-ins.
      1) Subwoofer 2) Front 3) Rear.

How Would I connect the 6 speakers (which I'm going to rewire) to the 1st amp? Do I wire the Speakers to the Amp or Straight to the Head unit itself? Also, how would I connect the amp to the Head unit if it only has the 3 RCA plug-ins as stated above?

Any advice or suggestions are Welcomed. Thanks in advance.

URL: https://able2know.org/topic/434961-1
    • By Wolfram Audio
      Now available on the SSA store! 
      I do NOT check PMs on here. For any questions, email colin@wolframaudio.com
      Wolfram Audio W-3000.1:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 1 Ohm : 3,000 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 2,000 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 1,150 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms (Linked) :  6,500 Watts x 1 Channel (14.4v) Frequency Response : 10hz~350hz (+/-1db) Working Voltage : 10V-16V Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Sensitivity) : >90dB Efficiency @ 4 Ohms : 86% Low Level Input (Gain) : 8V - 200mV Low Pass Filter : 30Hz - 250Hz Bass Boost : 0 ~ 12 dB Subsonic Filter : 10Hz - 60Hz Phase Shift : 0-180 Degrees 4-Way Protection Circuitry Built-in (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker, DC) LED Power & Protection Indicators Master / Slave (Linkable) : Yes Recommended Fuse Rating : 300 Amps 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Terminal Inputs Remote Level Control Knob Included

Wolfram Audio W-1500.1:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 1 Ohm : 1,600 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 900 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 530 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms (Strapped) :  3,200 Watts x 1 Channel (14.4v) Frequency Response : 10Hz - 350Hz (+/- 1db) Working Voltage : 10V-16V Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Sensitivity) : >90dB Efficiency @ 4 Ohms : 86% RCA Line Output : Yes Low Pass Filter : 30Hz - 250Hz Bass Boost @ 45 Hz : 0 ~ 12 dB Subsonic Filter : 10Hz - 60Hz Phase Shift : 0-180 Degrees 4-Way Protection Circuitry Built-in (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker, DC) LED Power & Protection Indicators Master / Slave (Linkable) : Yes Fuse Rating : 150 Amps (Linked: 300A) 1/0 Gauge Power and Ground Terminal Inputs Remote Level Control Knob Included

Wolfram Audio W-600.1:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 1 Ohm : 700 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 380 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 200 Watts x 1 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 2 Ohms (Strapped) : 1,400 Watts x 1 Channel (14.4v) Frequency Response : 10Hz - 350Hz (+/- 1db) Working Voltage : 10V-16V Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Sensitivity) : >90dB Efficiency @ 4 Ohms : 86% RCA Line Output : Yes Low Pass Filter : 30Hz - 250Hz Bass Boost : 0 ~ 12 dB Subsonic Filter @ 24 dB Slope : 10Hz - 60Hz Phase Shift : 0-180 Degrees 4-Way Protection Circuitry Built-in (Thermal, Voltage, Speaker, DC) LED Power & Protection Indicators Master / Slave (Strappable) : Yes Fuse Rating : 30A x2 4 Gauge Power and Ground Terminal Inputs Remote Level Control Knob Included

Wolfram Audio W-125.4:
      Specifications:
      RMS Power @ 2 Ohms : 175 Watts x 4 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms : 125 Watts x 4 Channels (14.4v) RMS Power @ 4 Ohms (Bridged) : 330 Watts x 2 (14.4v) Frequency Response: 15hz to 35khz Low Level Input Adjustment: 0.2v to 8v Signal to noise Ratio: >90 dB Minimum Impedance: 2 Ohm Low Pass Filter: 50hz to 500hz (500hz to 5khz [x10]) High Pass Filter: 50hz to 500hz (500hz to 5khz [x10]) T.H.D. Continuous @ 4ohm : 0.05% Operating Voltage : 10v ~ 16V Fuse Rating : 40A x2

• By mikebingham34
      Hello all, I have been away from the forums for some time since graduating college and started working again. Now that I have some money to finally move away from these seemingly low powered setups (6 systems since 2012), I am looking for help with my wall build. I am going to be building the base to the wall in my 2016 Ford Focus sedan in a week or two, and there is a lot of room to work with (over 30 cubes). I will be running 2 18" ZCONs on (undecided) either a 5.5k or 6.5k amp with supporting electrical (batt bank, lots of OFC wire, and HO alt). This is my daily, and I just want a ground pounder with no care to what numbers it'll put up in the lanes. I would like to demo a lot. I'm thinking 8 cubes per sub (16 cubes net) tuned to 32 Hz is a good place to start (recommended by SSA). I'm thinking either a center slot port, or a top port.
      ** I listen to ALL kinds of music, Decaf/DJSNT, rap, hip hop, metal, rock, 80s/90s pop, jazz, country, movie scores, blues, dubstep/electronic, classic rock, oldies, etc, etc..**
      Now... my questions are: How much port area do y'all recommend? Is 8 cubes of net volume per sub a good amount? Should I be alright running an underrated 5500 watt amp, or go with the 6500? What port orientation shall I go with? 
      If I think of more questions, I will be sure to post them. 
      P.S. Sorry if I am asking some questions that are common knowledge among these builds, but this is my first "loud" and "high powered" setup. My two loudest systems thus far have been a single Obsidian Audio 15 on about 900 watts, and 2 Sundown Ev3-12's on 1300 watts.
      Thank you for your time and patients everyone! Cheers.
    • By DedicatedEnthusiast
      Hello everyone, long time no see. I am selling a pair of Dual 2-ohm (technically D1.7) 12" Sundown X v.2's built by Dave Leib a.k.a "Strongman Designs." 
      Reason I am selling them is because I realized upon testing to see if my digital multi-meter was working correctly that one of the coils is reading higher on the one sub indicating that too much heat had been applied to it recently so rather than risking any further damage to it I am going to assume that I have too much power for these.
      Having said this in all honesty, let me make it perfectly clear here that both subs are still in perfect working order as we speak, even the one that is reading differently. Had I not thrown my multi-meter on it to test it in order to see if it was working properly (the multi-meter itself) I would have never known there was any difference or discrepancy between the two.  
      However, because one of them is reading off now and I do not know what is to be expected out of it's performance long-term I will be letting these go for $500+ shipping (that includes both).
      Any further questions or concerns please feel free to text me at 440-915-2309
      Phil

• Recent YouTube Posts