MidTexRam

New to forum, Plan my build.

Looking for some help in a new build.

I want or use my current amp RF p1000bd- will be running @1ohm

I have room for two 15" woofers in a sealed box. (have roughly 5cf to work with)

This will be going in my dodge megacab.

Looking at Sundown E-15 or Sa-15

Recommed best sub in sub 300.00 price range.

Goal is good balance of SQ & SPL.

:WELCOME:

Welcome.

I can tell you the SA series isn't that impressive in a sealed enclosure. If you for sure want to run sealed I'd look at a different line.

The E series does better sealed, but no personal experience with that line.

This is what I need. Please sugest brands....

I have built many boxes and have run a coulpe subs in this truck but nothing i really like.

Currently have two 10s and very long story short they have to go!!!!!!

I am more than fine with doing two ported 12s but my ego is telling me two 15's behind the seat is kind of cool.

Welcome

Welcome, if you want to go with 15"s is look at these: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-469

They can work in a small box and ported or sealed.

Whoops, that is not a good recommendation. You need dual 4 ohm vc. subs for a 1 ohm load. LOL. They would be way under powered with your amp, please ignore and keep looking.

2 15" SSA Dcon Dual 4 ohm subs.. You will be happy with them either way (but they will excel in ported)

They will want ~6 cu foot total ported.

Welcome, if you want to go with 15"s is look at these: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-469

Whoops, that is not a good recommendation. You need dual 4 ohm vc. subs for a 1 ohm load. LOL. They would be way under powered with your amp, please ignore and keep looking.

an while i love the 10 there have been plenty of problems wih the 15s. I'd like potential enclosure space before seeing 15s recommended

He has roughly 5 cu feet

Welcome, if you want to go with 15"s is look at these: http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=295-469

an while i love the 10 there have been plenty of problems wih the 15s. I'd like potential enclosure space before seeing 15s recommended

Looking for some help in a new build.

I want or use my current amp RF p1000bd- will be running @1ohm

I have room for two 15" woofers in a sealed box. (have roughly 5cf to work with)

This will be going in my dodge megacab.

Looking at Sundown E-15 or Sa-15

Recommed best sub in sub 300.00 price range.

Goal is good balance of SQ & SPL.

Edited by audio-neon
spelling

Thanks for the replies.

I am no expert when it comes to modeling subs for enclosure but I used an online program and modeled about 20 different subs (all the subs offered in this sites store). Almost every sub i ran the progam on for my airspace was peaky and needed more air space than i had to flatten out and had a 40hz+ roll off in a seaded box.

There was only two speakers I could find that would go low 32 hz and flat in a sealed box of 2.3 to 2.5 cf. The RE Audio SEx 15 and the RF P3 15. Despite mixed reviews I boought the REs. They were less than the RFs and I thought if they blow im not out a ton of cash.

I will start the build this weekend and upload picks.

Thanks again for helping an new member.

Edited by MidTexRam

done with the build. never had a set of 15s but WOW totaly different sound. Very smooth and fills the truck when they are turned down on the EQ. My old ported 10's would make you sick (head ache, itchy nose, and ears) when turned up past half way. These 15s still move the same air without the discomfort. Not my best box build but funtional to use the center car seat tie point. The awkward extention on the top of the box is to keep people from recling the back seat on the speaker.

To sum up: I am happy so far with the Re Audio SEx15s. Clean SQ and solid lows.

Box net 2.13Cu and if i remember right 30.15hz and flat as hell curve.

if someone will help with how to install pics i will upload.

done with the build. never had a set of 15s but WOW totaly different sound. Very smooth and fills the truck when they are turned down on the EQ. My old ported 10's would make you sick (head ache, itchy nose, and ears) when turned up past half way. These 15s still move the same air without the discomfort. Not my best box build but funtional to use the center car seat tie point. The awkward extention on the top of the box is to keep people from recling the back seat on the speaker.

To sum up: I am happy so far with the Re Audio SEx15s. Clean SQ and solid lows.

Box net 2.13Cu and if i remember right 30.15hz and flat as hell curve.

if someone will help with how to install pics i will upload.

Glad to hear your happy.

For anyone else reading, a 10" model xyz subwoofer will sound the same as an 18" model xyz subwoofer. The only difference will be an increase in displacement (likely output), and perhaps a change in frequency response from the different enclosure. So don't buy a 10" because you think it's going to sound better then the 18" version simply because it's smaller.