Sign in to follow this  
chainsaw

starting a new vlog and trying to get healhty

This is the first video of my new vlog series. My wife was just diagnosed with cardio myopathy. Basically, I am starting to a vlog as a motivational tool for myself to get healthy and get her healthy. We are both overweight and she is a little over 6 months pregnant. I will be doing weekly(if not more frequently) videos to document my progress with diet and exercise, as well as other health issue share how she and the baby are doing. This first video just gives a little insight and backstory and annouces what I will be doing. As soon as my son is born, my wife plans on joining me in exercise(once cleared from cardiologist). She has given up caffeine and is on a pretty rigid, low sodium diet. I am kinda doing it too. I am a diet( mostly calorie counting, and avoiding junk) just not as rigid as hers. Thanks for watching.

this is great!!! good luck on your journey... God Bless you and your fam Chainsaw

From everything I've learned: I would throw out processed foods, avoid sugar, and gradually lower your carbohydrate intake.

Also check out www.marksdailyapple.com, and download his free primal PDFs.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for watching guys. We are definitely trying to distance ourselves from processed foods(we just bought groceries a few days before it happens, so sparingly getting rid of junk). I have been eating on some of the lean cuisine healthy choice tv dinners for lunch. They are low calorie but loaded with sodium,etc. Next grocery trip will consist of only things from the perimeter of the store: fresh fruit, vegetables, lean meats and yogurt. I hear that's the trick. Relatively healthy stuff is always on the perimeter while frozen meals and processed junk is in the center of the store

Tuned in man. I'm have been working out and eating better myself.

Honestly... I think whats best is to stick to produce... As much as it may be hard... Salads, with just a touch of vinegar are great... Eating cereal (dry) no milk.... No more bottled juices.. Maybe just Welsh's Grape juice... But water is key my son.... water is key

Honestly... I think whats best is to stick to produce... As much as it may be hard... Salads, with just a touch of vinegar are great... Eating cereal (dry) no milk.... No more bottled juices.. Maybe just Welsh's Grape juice... But water is key my son.... water is key

water is paramount. I have done the whole water only thing a few times for a year each time. Even when i incorporated other beverages back into it, i always kept a bottle with me all day and kept filling it up. I love salads. Especially dark leafy greens like fresh spinach

Meat, veg, and water....

Meat, veg, and water....

potatoes count as a healthy vegetable right?? Joking :)

Meat, veg, and water....

potatoes count as a healthy vegetable right?? Joking :)

lol uh no. Corn does not count either

Meat, veg, and water....

potatoes count as a healthy vegetable right?? Joking smile.png

lol uh no. Corn does not count either

uhh... in a simple answer potatoes are not healthy for YOU right now... But can be okay for someone looking for what a potato has to offer as far as nutrient ... Sweet potato in moderation for you might be okay though

So went to the gym last night for the first time in a while. I did ten minutes of cardio(boy i need to build some stamina). After i did a round a full round at the "30 minute max workout' area. Its basically 5 leg machines and and 5 upper body machines with a step up cardio station in between each one. It has a red and green light on the wall that tells you when to switch machines. Heading back Tuesday

second episode is now up. tell your friends

Keep pushing, little goals are a nice thing. :)

Keep pushing, little goals are a nice thing. smile.png

Thanks, dude.

Getting ready to hit the gym in a few. I bet its gonna hit back

Best to you Chain and your fam too its good to see some one takin the right steps. As for bottled juice its ok here and there but you have to read the label no concentrate no fillers the only thing I usaly grab is polm with cran in it. And even though those healthy choice are great in calories like you said not good in sodium and other processed things defintly stick to things you make carbs and procssed things are your worst enemy when you first start. I will be tuned in to see if you need any encouragement.

Best to you Chain and your fam too its good to see some one takin the right steps. As for bottled juice its ok here and there but you have to read the label no concentrate no fillers the only thing I usaly grab is polm with cran in it. And even though those healthy choice are great in calories like you said not good in sodium and other processed things defintly stick to things you make carbs and procssed things are your worst enemy when you first start. I will be tuned in to see if you need any encouragement.

thanks dude. We go grocery shopping on the 7th and my wife and i will try and do no processed foods. We have done one large trip each month for so long, but are probably going to start shopping a week at a time.

on a related topic: we saw the 4d ultrasound of our son today

IMAGES_33.jpg

he tried to eat his foot

IMAGES_14.jpg

I totally just ate grapes, strawberries, and baby carrots...as my dinner.

My wife and i just started doing our food journals. We had great success with it before.

Journalling is going good. Weigh day= 298.8. Under 300 for the first time in a while. Probably going to be making and posting episode 4 sometime this weekend

It's easy losing weight. The hard part is keeping it off. So what ever you do, ie: exercise, diet change, it shouldn't be extreme, and you should feel comfortable with it.

No way am I saying you are, just giving you something to remember.

If your up for reading material, check out the Perfect Health Diet. :)