Sign in to follow this  
J2phat4u

Deep Bass

I was wondering if any of you guys use bass boost or any other trick to get deeper bass out of your subs? I want to get more out of my BL's but i have all of my sound controls and bass boost on flat or off. They run strictly off amp power. Am i missing something or should i just play them as is??

This is typically an enclosure issue and not a setting issue unless you have your LPF set to high.

This is typically an enclosure issue and not a setting issue unless you have your LPF set to high.

If by deeper you mean lower then what he said. Tune lower. Deeper can mean a lot of things though so it would help if you described what you're looking for.

BB is something i never use

set ur ssf & lpf correctly or to suit ur own personal taste

Can you give more specs on your enclosure? Have you tried moving it around, playing with placement and loading?

How loud the deeper bass range can get is far more enclosure and environment dependent than anything else. Those BL's should get plenty loud enough at plenty low enough frequencies to make most people happy. I would imagine that you've got an enclosure issue or an environmental issue with the acoustics affecting that range of frequencies or you're simply expecting more than the BL's are delivering and need to build with a larger format driver.

The enclosure is 4.23 cubic ft tuned at 33hz. Its in the hatch of my SUV with the subs facing the cabin. It gets really loud and it plays deep but i was just wondering if i could get more out of it.

Do you build enclosures?

The enclosure is 4.23 cubic ft tuned at 33hz. Its in the hatch of my SUV with the subs facing the cabin. It gets really loud and it plays deep but i was just wondering if i could get more out of it.

subs up, port back, 5 cubes and have fun. what are the external dimensions of the enclosure, what is the thickness of wood used and tell us more about the port. if i were building the enclosure for that i would go 5 cubes (remember thats after displacement), subs up, port back at 30hz. i like mostly rap though, but if you listen to alot of different music then i would suggest you stay at your 33hz imo

The enclosure is 1 inch thick all around with 2 inch front baffle and 1 inch bracing inside. Its the enclosure thats on my profile picture

give us dimesions, dimensions are the imporant part

I dont know the port dimensions but the enclosure is 45"W x 15"H x 21" D......

Who built the enclosure? If you don't know the dimensions how can you (or us for that matter) be certain it is actually tuned to 33hz? There have been many people who went to a local shop, asked for an enclosure built to "X" specification and it got built to whatever the shop wanted to do. They figure they can get away with it because so few people actually know how to calculate for or physically check enclosure tuning.

To check for certain what the enclosure is tuned to get some test tones that range from 50hz down to say 30hz. Turn the volume up to where the subs move halfway decent and start playing 50hz. Carefully watch the subs' movement as you slowly progress through the tracks toward 30hz. The frequency at which the subs move the LEAST is the frequency the enclosure is tuned to. If it's higher than 33hz by very much that is most likely your issue with deep bass, if it is actually close to 33hz then your issue is in the acoustics.

This company called FATBOX built it.

Do you build enclosures?

Yes sir, we design and build enclosures and ship them world wide.

Do you build enclosures?

Yes sir, we design and build enclosures and ship them world wide.

Can you build me one and if so how much for 2 BL fully loaded 12's

Sign in to follow this