Angelboy863

Just me being impatient but..

I bought an amp from this guy on caraudioclassifieds on Monday via PayPal. I sent him the money on Monday, and since then I have not heard from him at all.. Kinda sucks because I was hoping he'd send it out next day or something so I could get it by the end of the week. Is this normal? This is my first car audio PayPal transaction. If he doesn't answer by the end of the week should I file a claim? Ive contacted him Monday, Tuesday, and I'll message him again today. His profile says he hasn't been online since saturday.. But my money is already in his account correct? I know I sound like a little weenie complaining but this is my first transaction online for audio not buying from an online store. Just wanted to put it out there. I hope I'm not being scammed. What would you guys do in this situation if you were me? I'm just gonna wait it out another couple days.

Good luck with your transaction. I hope it is not a scammer as so many on that site have been.

Good luck with your transaction. I hope it is not a scammer as so many on that site have been.

Thanks Aaron. He has some good rep but not a whole lot. It's very stressful because we all want to trust everyone right? I really hope my first experience won't become something I regret.

Thanks Aaron. He has some good rep but not a whole lot. It's very stressful because we all want to trust everyone right? I really hope my first experience won't become something I regret.

I know the feeling, but sadly there seems to be more shady people in car audio then trusty worthy people.

I know the feeling, but sadly there seems to be more shady people in car audio then trusty worthy people.

Very sad but VERY true.

OP I would give him another day or two and then consider filing a claim. Did you guys exchange phone numbers or emails?

Its only Wednesday (I always ship within one day and give tracking info before I even leave the store!). Emergencies do happen, I'd keep PMing the guy, see if he is on other forums. Open a paypal dispute, they will refund you usually buyers are protected. Good luck with everything. If the guy is a scammer or horrible seller, just put him on blast lol.banhim.gif

Have you checked your paypal account to see if he has been paid?

Thanks everyone. No we have not exchanged numbers or emails (shame on me) well besides our paypal emails. Im about to actually email him. I dont know how to check if he received the money? Our communication was very clear before he disappeared lol. Im just praying to God he wont rip me off. Its a sundown saz1000 that im paying for. It was $200 shipped

so i just emailed him, and um, paypal sent me an email yesterday that there is a "problem with your bank account"

Dear Angel Thepvong,

To confirm your bank account, we tried to make 2 deposits into your Mid Florida X-XXXX account on May 19, 2012. The money was returned, however, because your bank does not recognize this bank account number. To fix this problem:

• Contact your bank to double-check the account number
  • Enter your bank account number and follow the instructions.

Thanks,

PayPal

and yet, on my transactions the payment status says completed blink.png

is this, some kind of internet trickery lol.

Edited by Angelboy863

Make sure that email is legit and not from a phishing website.

so i just emailed him, and um, paypal sent me an email yesterday that there is a "problem with your bank account"

Dear Angel Thepvong,

To confirm your bank account, we tried to make 2 deposits into your Mid Florida X-XXXX account on May 19, 2012. The money was returned, however, because your bank does not recognize this bank account number. To fix this problem:

• Contact your bank to double-check the account number
  • Enter your bank account number and follow the instructions.

Thanks,

PayPal

and yet, on my transactions the payment status says completed blink.png

is this, some kind of internet trickery lol.

Is the money still in your bank account? You need to call paypal and make sure you entered the numbers correctly.

When I think about it that email could be from the first time I tried to pay him because it didn't work, but I checked my bank account and the money is in fact gone. Is he supposed to accept the money in order to get my money and is there a way I can see that? He has literally just vanished from communication all of a sudden. I'm just so eager to use the amp. Off topic but tomorrow is my last day of high school. CLASS OF 2012 BABY!!!!!

did u verify your bank account on paypal?? ya i would check over the routing and checking number you used to make sure it matches up...

if he hasnt signed online on caco i would wait a couple of days.... if u see he was online and didnt message u back.... well then i would be worried....

Edited by 16K

did u verify your bank account on paypal?? ya i would check over the routing and checking number you used to make sure it matches up...

if he hasnt signed online on **** i would wait a couple of days.... if u see he was online and didnt message u back.... well then i would be worried....

Yes my bank account matches up. He just hasn't signed on to **** since Saturday and I paid him Monday. I hope he decides to sign on tomorrow. And I hope he didn't already take the money.

Never just send money for something. Make them send you an invoice so paypal can guarantee the transaction.

Never just send money for something. Make them send you an invoice so paypal can guarantee the transaction.

Thanks. We will see what happens tomorrow. And if he doesn't respond tomorrow, what must I do to file a claim?

Just be patient, and wait till friday, then I will attempt to get into contact again. No sense in worring yourself after a few days.

Just be patient, and wait till friday, then I will attempt to get into contact again. No sense in worring yourself after a few days.

Thanks man. Hopefully this will work out.. Still no contact but it's only 7:21am

Wow. This guy has not responded to me at all. I understand people can be too busy with personal things but for me, time is essential so I'd rather get my money back and continue shopping..

Edited by Angelboy863

he finally responded to me today, and yesterday i filed a paypal dispute.. he says he will ship the amp out monday. i said sure, so hopefully everything will work out. thank you everyone for your help. pray this will turn out positive!

he finally responded to me today, and yesterday i filed a paypal dispute.. he says he will ship the amp out monday. i said sure, so hopefully everything will work out. thank you everyone for your help. pray this will turn out positive!

Is UPS or Fed Ex even open on Monday? It is Memorial Day, just saying.

Thats what im saying..so i asked him if he can ship it today and he didnt reply..

Haven't heard from him since Saturday. I don't think he shipped it yesterday. Hopefully he ships it out today!

if he " shipped it" then he should have no problems providing a tracking number.