Hello Everyone,

I have some questions concerning a high output alternator and figured there's no better place on the internet to find a good answer to my problem. I own a 2002 Tahoe, and am in the process of trying to set up dual alternators. The alternator I ended up with is manufactured by Mean Green Industries. I know nothing about this alternator. The website tells me very little useful information about it. When I attempt to contact them I get voicemail every time, and the box is full so I cant even leave a message. I would have went with some other company, but every transaction with a certain stereo/rim/custom shop in Baltimore, MD (i know some of you know who i am talking about) was a nightmare. I took my alternator, bracket and serpentine belt and ran like hell. Fast forward one year I have it hooked up mechanically speaking but not electric. Im pretty sure I dont just want to splice the exciter wire on my stock alt. Does anyone have any experience with mean green industries alternators? I'd j**z in my pants if someone said they were self exciting, but im not that lucky. Thanks in advance.

Hello Everyone,

I have some questions concerning a high output alternator and figured there's no better place on the internet to find a good answer to my problem. I own a 2002 Tahoe, and am in the process of trying to set up dual alternators. The alternator I ended up with is manufactured by Mean Green Industries. I know nothing about this alternator. The website tells me very little useful information about it. When I attempt to contact them I get voicemail every time, and the box is full so I cant even leave a message. I would have went with some other company, but every transaction with a certain stereo/rim/custom shop in Baltimore, MD (i know some of you know who i am talking about) was a nightmare. I took my alternator, bracket and serpentine belt and ran like hell. Fast forward one year I have it hooked up mechanically speaking but not electric. Im pretty sure I dont just want to splice the exciter wire on my stock alt. Does anyone have any experience with mean green industries alternators? I'd j**z in my pants if someone said they were self exciting, but im not that lucky. Thanks in advance.

:WELCOME: to SSA!

Just from reading your past experience with them I would probably steer clear. Email Mechman or wait for someone on here with more knowledge than me in this department to help you.

Welcome

Post this question in Mechman and see if they can help you.

Hello Everyone,

Welcome to SSA. Feel free to say the shop as I am in the Baltimore area.

:WELCOME:

Hello everyone thanks for the welcome. Hello Aaron, I used to live on Rte 7 in Riverside. I think we were neighbors.

I do believe this pic should answer your question..

My Ho

Thats my truck before it was lowered and got the new exhaust and lights etc...

Welcome!

Mechman is a great company and should be more than able to help you out.

welcome

they go for 499 to 599 you can get a mechman or dc power for same price

WELCOME.gifmorepower1.gif

Hello everyone thanks for the welcome. Hello Aaron, I used to live on Rte 7 in Riverside. I think we were neighbors.

I do believe this pic should answer your question..

Thats my truck before it was lowered and got the new exhaust and lights etc...

Ah yes, that is who I was kind of thinking about, they are known to be extremely over priced and service limited shop that would send cars to competitions with just tint and big wheels and would win because of being buddies with the judges and having the newest vehicles. Loads of very questionable things have been referenced in regards to that shop.

Anyway, yes, I was in Belcamp off 543. Trying to sell the house right now. Welcome to SSA. I am currently looking for a top notch installer.

WELCOME.gif Somebody should be able to help you.eek5wavey.gif

top notch i am not. but i dont pretend to be either.(unlike those dicks) the prices are msrp not a penny less. my ass hurts just thinking about it.