Sign in to follow this  
Sundownguy

Another Alternator Question....

I posted this elsewhere and was told by many that Mechman is the place that I would find the best answer. I typically would not ask another company for advice concernering some company's product but since I can't get an an answer from them... why not...

I have some questions concerning a high output alternator and figured there's no better place on the internet to find a good answer to my problem. I own a 2002 Tahoe, and am in the process of trying to set up dual alternators. The alternator I ended up with is manufactured by Mean Green Industries. I know nothing about this alternator. The website tells me very little useful information about it. When I attempt to contact them I get voicemail every time, and the box is full so I cant even leave a message. I would have went with some other company, but every transaction with a certain stereo/rim/custom shop in Baltimore, MD (i know some of you know who i am talking about) was a nightmare. I took my alternator, bracket and serpentine belt and ran like hell. Fast forward one year I have it hooked up mechanically speaking but not electric. Im pretty sure I dont just want to splice the exciter wire on my stock alt. Does anyone have any experience with mean green industries alternators? I'd j**z in my pants if someone said they were self exciting, but im not that lucky. Thanks in advance.

So what answer are you looking for exactly? Just about the company, or is there something else that I'm not reading? Like, do you need help installing it? You said the shop installed it, but I'm not following. Like, is it broken?

hey Senchez, The alternator was not installed by them. i got sick of waiting 3 weeks for any little project to get done. so i took my shit and left. turns out there should be some type of relay or excitation harness. unless its self exciting. but again, mg industries doesnt answer the phone ever. number is still active but v.m. box is full so icant even leave a message