Sign in to follow this  
Micksh

Unified Finals announced...Oct 6-7 Indianapolis USACi, IASCA, dBDRAG&#

Moe Sabourin

USACi, IASCA and dBDRA Announce Joint Finals at Indiana State Fairgrounds on October 6-7, 2012

The car stereo competition formats of the dB Drag Racing Association (dBDRA), International Autosound Challenge Association (IASCA) and the United States Autosound Competition Interntational (USACi) are joining as partners to produce a joint finals event. The event will be held in the Blue Ribbon Hall at the Indiana State fairgrounds and allow for competitors to compete in multiple formats all under one roof. Indianapolis is within a day’s drive or less for more than 50% of the U.S. population.

"IASCA Worldwide Inc. is very excited to be part of this event and working with dB Drag and USACi" said Moe Sabourin, Director of Operations for IASCA "The event is not about one specific organization; we're all coming together and coordinating this event as a whole, not as three separate orgs. This is a collaborative effort to show industry a unified effort for its benefit, something that Paul Papadeas has been working to realize for more than 15 years. SPL competition will work the same as it did in Daytona in March and we're working on something unique for our sound quality membership across the country."

According to Wayne Harris, President of the dB Drag Racing Association, “The dBDRA is a proud partner in this historic endeavor. From our perspective, everyone will benefit. Co-location allows competitors to participate in multiple formats without incurring the additional traveling expenses associated with attending multiple events. Exhibitors benefit for many of these very same reasons. And the sound-off organizations benefit by sharing many of the costs associated with producing a Finals event. Best of all, bringing everyone together will create a “critical mass”, so to speak. Anytime you bring a large contingent of auto sound enthusiasts together, you are bound to have a good time. I can’t wait!”

"This event is a must see for anyone interested in fully customized cars and their car stereos. Extreme vehicles with walls of woofers and thousands of watts of power go head-to-head to see who really has the loudest car stereo system. This show is professionally orchestrated with live internet broadcast, video displays, light towers, and vendor booths." Harris continued to say.

“For years the 12 volt industry has been clamoring for a joint event to celebrate all that is 12-volt electronics. After many years of separate events by multiple organizations I am proud that USACI is able to become part of the industry’s first ever truly unified finals event. I have the highest hopes that this collaboration will lead to further cooperation and eventually a kind of unification of the organizations for the benefit of the industry as a whole. This is a groundbreaking event and I am excited to see how the industry responds with support both in participation and in promotion of this effort. the 2012 Unified Finals will be an event the defines the industry,” according to Ralph Randall, USACi president.

For more information on exhibiting or sponsorships at the event, please contact one of the organization representatives or the show coordinator.

Show Coordinator – Celise Harris – 512-377-1055

USACi – Ralph Randall – 479-750-0505

IASCA – Moe Sabourin – 386-322-1551

dBDRA – Celise Harris – 512-377-1055

Also this:

Moe Sabourin

Also for all our IdBL and Bass Boxing competitors, we will be hosting 2 or 3 satellite locations across the country so everyone can participate.

We're also working on something for SQ too that will be announced in the next couple of weeks...

Due to the shortened time frame before INAC, we are reducing the points requirements for this year only from 75 to 50, to give everyone a fair chance at earning enough points to qualify.

At least Moe and Iasca realize that not everyone can drive all the way to Indiana to compete and will have 2-3 satellite locations.

This is the stupidest shit I heard all year. Really sucks for Usaci competitors. Prolly won't go to this then.

Steve I just read a comment by Moe that stated.

Also, we're looking at Southeast, Northwest and Southwest satellite locations (locations to be determined), so SPL competitors all across the country will be able to participate.

We're going to work with dB Drag and USACi to bring all three orgs to the satellite locations as well

Edited by liljestrand

This is the stupidest shit I heard all year. Really sucks for Usaci competitors. Prolly won't go to this then.

Why would this affect one org over the other? This has been in the works for years now with many obstacles. This will not only help the competitors, this will help regain manufacturer support at finals. Were before they had to chose between them do to funds, now they will all be in one area. This will also allow many competitors to see how others orgs run. Some stick with what they know or what their friends run, so they never get to see how others are ran.

While I do agree it may have a slight negative affect on a few competitors, the end result should be very positive. I am not a fan of the location and feel that it should be held somewhere else, but we will see how this ends and hope it works out for the future of this sport.

At least Moe and Iasca realize that not everyone can drive all the way to Indiana to compete and will have 2-3 satellite locations.

While I understand the limits of some on driving, I do not like the satellite idea what so ever. That will generate more negative issues with competitors then anything.

I agree I'm not really for the satellite locations either, but I suppose they wanted to ease people into the big change. They probably should have done Kansas City or something like that, would have probably been more fair, but it should be a great show and I agree manufacturer support should be MUCH better now...

How many people compete in Usaci in Indiana? Usaci from what I see on the schedule is primarily south based. Why drive to Indiana. Kansas maybe.

Yea, central US would be great..

I don't know the exact reasoning behind Indy being chosen as i have never competed in either of those 3 leagues before but i can tell you that IN, OH, KY and TN have a massive competitor base. and i'm not being biased just because I live in that area....

FL does too and of course Indy is closer to FL than central US.. Just trying to help those understand possibly the reasoning.

I really don't see the problem with satellite locations. The majority of competitors will still go to the main location. But at least this will allow people in the nw, and sw mostly to compete without having to dedicate days to just drive. With how the economy is it seems absurd to expect people to drive all the way across the US just to compete. They are trying to do the right thing, but how things are these days its just not feasible. And people shouldn't be left out just because they live in a certain part of the country.

shizzon it was stated that indiana was chosen because it was a half day-day drive for 50% of the competitors.

I really don't see the problem with satellite locations. The majority of competitors will still go to the main location. But at least this will allow people in the nw, and sw mostly to compete without having to dedicate days to just drive. With how the economy is it seems absurd to expect people to drive all the way across the US just to compete. They are trying to do the right thing, but how things are these days its just not feasible. And people shouldn't be left out just because they live in a certain part of the country.

different judges favor different rules. Some judges let shit slide, some are strict as hell. One location per org is best.