Infinite913

what is the best way to secure a woofer in a wall?

I used the hex head 275lb pressure hold screws with coarse thread and The icons won that battle and snapped the screws in half. so I was wondering on some ideas to keep the woofers in the wall

baffle flex is the leading cause of screws breaking, tee nuts epoxied in place work well.

Yep, check on baffle flex and get some good bracing, that should fix the issues.

while i am leary on using things like that because i had problems with them ripping out of the wood with enough torq on unscrewing them when they were glued in, not epoxied.. this is what i'll be doin with my wall-

For one, yes, you need to control baffle flex. Add more bracing to reduce that flex...

Then, I use just normal wood screws, #12 i believe and screw them all the way through all baffles.

Next, for my wall, since i am using low baffle thickness, i will have some steel plating behind a couple of mounting holes per woofer.

They will be tapped and bolts driven through those holes.

This will relieve some of the tension on the wood screws,

I've had #12 break off heads too in the past but hopefully it wont happen this way.

I'm just going to resin glue the steel plating on the back of the baffle in certain places already tapped and ready to go.

I would probably use a nut too even though it's tapped.. but do not torque down too hard if resin gluing the steel to wood..

You would probably crack the glue from too much pressure so just do it where it's tight, but not overly tight.

OR.. you could go crazy like i did this one time, hehe.

Reverse run boltswashers from the inside out with threads sticking out of the front of the baffle.

Resin glue the hell out of these, they should never come out!

Drop each sub over all the bolts and then tighten em down with a socket wrench using a regular nut is all.

Tighten the nut to where it drives through the surround material(that lips over the mounting ring, not the surround itself)

Little tip-

If you resin glue the bolts in place.. make sure that you do NOT put it on any part of the thread that the nut will ride on! Just the top half the bolt, not the lower half.. Otherwise when it dries.. well, good luck...

I use the spax screws on mine. Holding strong

I have a strong feeling it is baffle flex being the issue so that is being taken care of first and foremost. I just wanted to gather a few ideas for when I put them back in the wall so I know every angle is taken care of. Thanks guys

I use deck screws to hole mine in.

And since I have ZERO baffle flex, they hold 100%. :)

I use deck screws to hole mine in.

And since I have ZERO baffle flex, they hold 100%. :)

Same :)

u know, i think u should just use nails. lol

same here I use hexhead deck screws.