So here is the story. I finally have all of the stuff I need to install my saz2500d. Took box out, 4.75^3. Big for my s-10 3 door. Basically an extended cab with a door. Have the zcon's ready to drop in. Put empty box back in to see where I could put my amp and this is where I run into a problem. Box goes from floor to 2" below back window. From driver side door to 5-6" from other side. With subs installed there is 12" of room on top of box. Amp would hang over about 5" or so. The port is on the passenger bottom. If I mount it on the box overhanging the open port side, would that be a problem? What about mounting it inside the box? The port is 20" wide and 24" long. Plenty of room on the "shelf". Would that be possible? I've run out of ideas and now my truck is partially torn apart. Help

You do NOT want to put it in the box. The pressure will do all kinds of funky stuff to it. Im pretty tired so I didn't quite understand the rest of it but please don't put it in the box.

You may have to build a amp rack / battery bank in the bed of the truck with a fiberglass bed cover or something similar.

sacrifice looking through the rear window ,board of mdf , mount vertically there... no rear viewmirror (another problem solved)

Sacrifice BASSmaster, lol. My mirror broke off a long time ago. I was thinking a sheet of lexan across back. That would be killer.

Lexan is polycarbonate and will scratch like crazy. There is scratchless polycarbonate but is extremely expensive.

Get acrylic glass at 0.22" thick at Lowes. OptiX i believe is the name brand. They sell it very cheap there.

But this acrylic, will it hold up to the pressure of the zcon's? My roof and back of the cab are flexing pretty good. Lol

Never had flexing like this before

you are wanting to add strong glass above enclosure to hold an amp i believe, correct?

If the glass is shaking, the amp is shaking.

If the amp is shaking, your amp will not last long anyway.

Properly braced box will allow anyone to mount things to enclosure without flexing issues.

Amp is on floor below box. Figured out if I raise box 2", there is 2" of room between amp and box. Also the airflow from the port serves as air across amp. I was worried about back window or side windows bursting

Side windows, extremely unlikely, regardless of pressure.

Rear window.. only if it actually has a visible air leak.

Wow.

you are thinking far too into it.

I can keep on giving you speculatory answers as to what if and possibly that but i'm telling you, unless you plan on breaking 160s, i highly doubt your truck will suffer glass damage.

I live around competitors who use trucks and while their flex may look violent close to the mid 50s, it's been intact for years.

The ability for glass to shatter normally is the surrounding area is not braced well enough.

If you had an actual air leak in the rear window, then it will be flexing just from driving as the glue is starting to crack.

Overkill is one thing but this is beyond overkill.

sacrifice looking through the rear window ,board of mdf , mount vertically there... no rear viewmirror (another problem solved)

^^^

mounting the amp inside the box.... lmao not a good idea... vibration = bad

yea man.. if i can get 4 18s, 33cuft, 8 batts, 6 amps, 2 processors, lots of ext bracing and over 125ft of cable in a scion tc just in the rear.. u can get an amp in a truck..

Dont make me come over there, hehe.

Ok, so how do I brace properly. Can I bolt the box to the back of the cab? Seems that is where most of the rattling/vibration is coming from. Not trying to look too far, but never had a sub/amp/box combo that hit this hard before. Never experienced "flexing" like this before, never had to run another battery or get a 270 amp alternator. Watching the back window move like it does kinda scares me. That's why I ask questions on this forum. That's why I joined this forum. For experienced people like yourself to chime in and help me. As I said, never been this deep before and I do apologize for thinking too much

^^^

mounting the amp inside the box.... lmao not a good idea... vibration = bad

So under the box with 2" of free airspace, bolted to floor is not good?

So under the box with 2" of free airspace, bolted to floor is not good?

you might be ok.... the amp might overheat cause not enough airflow....could always try and find out lol

I will keep a infra-red heat gun with me in the truck. What's an ok temp range? If needed I have a bunch of 12v 3" fans out of a some computers I had, that move a lot of air

when did I mention mounting inside the box ? I mentioned above , but as I understand it , sub and port fire towards the front .......

You didn't mention inside, I did. But subs fire up, and port on lower passenger side.

when did I mention mounting inside the box ? I mentioned above , but as I understand it , sub and port fire towards the front .......

lol i was agreeing with u....