nem

Austin863's X-WAGON Build

Okay guys i need help. I am fixing my bike then selling it. okay i need to know what you people think i should do. I am gonna have about 2300 dollars.

I've spent a lot of money on car audio in the last four years. I wanted something louder, and louder. Then I grew bored of it, so I switched to a sq oriented setup, and spent even more. Then I realized I could have spent a third of the money I did, been just as happy, and have had tons of extra money for other fun shit.

Young people often make poor decisions, and takes them a while to figure out they did--I am no exception.

In any event, do what makes you happy.

Okay guys i need help. I am fixing my bike then selling it. okay i need to know what you people think i should do. I am gonna have about 2300 dollars.

I've spent a lot of money on car audio in the last four years. I wanted something louder, and louder. Then I grew bored of it, so I switched to a sq oriented setup, and spent even more. Then I realized I could have spent a third of the money I did, been just as happy, and have had tons of extra money for other fun shit.

Young people often make poor decisions, and takes them a while to figure out they did--I am no exception.

thanks man advice well taken and if course I'm not gonna spend full amount on a system because I am getting a car and I am selling my bike

thanks man advice well taken and if course I'm not gonna spend full amount on a system because I am getting a car and I am selling my bike

Car is good, you can't pick up girls with a dirt bike.

Especially if...

*the instigator ducks for cover from Neal*

Car is good, you can't pick up girls with a dirt bike.

Especially if...

*the instigator ducks for cover from Neal*

haha idk what your talking about Stephan but my girlfriend loves the whole dirt biking thing. Haha so do a lot of other girls but the keep to a sound system is the good vibrations ;):P hahahahahahah

I tell him all the time girls are a waste of time and he should put his money in the bank rather than buy more stereo equipment.

Guess that is my job as an uncle.

I better be in on this build when u go big.

I am not sure if there is gonna be a "BUILD" or what yet haha but we can include you joe :P

I tell him all the time girls are a waste of time and he should put his money in the bank rather than buy more stereo equipment.

Now what fun would that be giving all my money to the bank? :P hahahaha it is a good idea but i need a car before i get a stereo

Wow I missed a lot.

Watched the vid and was like, um, when did you get xcons? Then figured it out lol. They look tiny in the van.

So now you are getting a car?

A good point was made about wanting more and more and spending more and more. That's with a lot of hobbies. I've spent more than I care to count on the supra. Always wanting faster and faster. Do a mod, and it's great then you get used to it and doesn't feel fast any longer. I'm at the point now where isn't real street friendly. Sure a built turbo 400 trans with a ratchet shifter and over 650hp at the wheels is a lot of fun. But it's loud, terrible gas mileage and can be a handful on the street. Besides that, doing more work and it has been in pieces in the garage for near 2 years now.

On a side note, I was looking at your profile and saw that you and my son are only 1 day apart. He was born on 9/12/95. I thought, hmm, I guess me and your uncle must be about the same age. I looked and we are only a few months apart haha. Just thought it was kinda funny.

Anyway, carry on.

Wow I missed a lot.

Watched the vid and was like, um, when did you get xcons? Then figured it out lol. They look tiny in the van.

A good point was made about wanting more and more and spending more and more. That's with a lot of hobbies. I've spent more than I care to count on the supra. Always wanting faster and faster. Do a mod, and it's great then you get used to it and doesn't feel fast any longer. I'm at the point now where isn't real street friendly. Sure a built turbo 400 trans with a ratchet shifter and over 650hp at the wheels is a lot of fun. But it's loud, terrible gas mileage and can be a handful on the street. Besides that, doing more work and it has been in pieces in the garage for near 2 years now.

On a side note, I was looking at your profile and saw that you and my son are only 1 day apart. He was born on 9/12/95. I thought, hmm, I guess me and your uncle must be about the same age. I looked and we are only a few months apart haha. Just thought it was kinda funny.

Anyway, carry on.

nice to see a photo has been uploaded :)

Wow I missed a lot.

Anyway, carry on.

To the side note that is pretty cool and i bet that supra is kickass (when its not in peices haha)

A loud stereo will make more run away than come.

http://hahgay.com/ this is so damn funny

The xcons were on an audiopipe ap1500.1 in this video and it suprised the shit out of me at how loud and hard it hit.

Funny less then the rms of one sub on two subs was impressive.

Found this on my table today.

P1000917.jpg

P1000918.jpg

So I figured I would fix it.

P1000920.jpg

Nice of you to fix it :)

I was noticing your splice. Ever try a western union or lash splice? I prefer those to the parallel twist splice. It makes a little better of a mechanical connection (the WU splice) and a little cleaner.

The lash splice I usually only do on large gauge wire.

Nice of you to fix it smile.png

I was noticing your splice. Ever try a western union or lash splice? I prefer those to the parallel twist splice. It makes a little better of a mechanical connection (the WU splice) and a little cleaner.

The lash splice I usually only do on large gauge wire.

Somebody has to keep an eye on this guy.

No I just soldered it. I solder everything.

Right, I didn't mean solder vs no solder. I was talking about the actual mechanical splicing method to join the wire prior to soldering.

This is what the WU splice looks like. After you heat shrink/tape it maintains the same path as the original wire and does not create a larger profile.

speaker1.jpg

The way you do it is fine. I wasn't picking on it. Most people have never seen either of the types I do and since I've learned the techniques I never do it any other way. Just making suggestions is all smile.png

Edited by dbsupra

Right, I didn't mean solder vs no solder. I was talking about the actual mechanical splicing method to join the wire prior to soldering.

This is what the WU splice looks like. After you heat shrink/tape it maintains the same path as the original wire and does not create a larger profile.

speaker1.jpg

The way you do it is fine. I wasn't picking on it. Most people have never seen either of the types I do and since I've learned the techniques I never do it any other way. Just making suggestions is all smile.png

)

No worries I like to be picked on. :)

Yes I like that method better.

I wonder who would ever leave that knob on your table? :o

I wonder who would ever leave that knob on your table? ohmy.png

I bet I have video of who did.

bass knob is back and working good!

Yea we also found another bad spot in the wire or maybe someone stretched it. :)

Ho lee sheet. I just repositioned my sub. It is firing backwards in my van toward the back doors. it is placed 2 feet from the back doors resonating towards the front. I havent heard that gcon so loud since ive had it. holy man. im so satisfied right now im taking my pops down and having it DB tested today hopefully im at about a 141 on a burp and 138 on music its hella loud right now but it sounds so good front end is amazing aswell!