nem

Austin863's X-WAGON Build

Austin and I are getting ready to do a build with 2 RE SX 18's. The older ones though.

Sweet! I got no issues with RE! Picked up that sub crazy cheap, and I bump the CRAP out of it 24/7. It smells bad, but bumps like a champ!

I think the only thing saving it is that tiny tiny sealed box. If it was in anything else I'm sure I would have folded the cone inside out by now.

I like to play it so it's "just barely" not hitting xmech! hehe :)

-Jamie M.

Okay haha as you all have seen the beating im putting on this gcon what would you guys suggest. 4 of them or should i go with 2 18s? especially in my van. id like some bigger series looking at xcons or a single zcon 18. i know its a big step up but i need something that will take my beatings and i wanna be louder than the kicker families at school haha. gotta show them what SSA is all about and no thats not how i screwed up my sub haha. but i need some recomendations on subs im going to be running them on my ap1500 for now and after i get a car the Gcon is going in there and the van will be my bass wagon. So help me out guys what do you think like a wise nem once said ''do not rush'' so im taking it easy getting some feedback and some tips. help me out fellas.

18's move a MIND BLOWING amount of air. Two 18's would knock the socks off any of your Kicker fanboi friends. I'm not sure which two SSA 18's you could push to their max on your ap1500, even a pair of xcon's could take 2500rms total.

A single 18 zcon would be amazing too, but I think would work better with a little more than your ap1500, maybe ap3000d? :)

-Jamie M.

18's move a MIND BLOWING amount of air. Two 18's would knock the socks off any of your Kicker fanboi friends. I'm not sure which two SSA 18's you could push to their max on your ap1500, even a pair of xcon's could take 2500rms total.

A single 18 zcon would be amazing too, but I think would work better with a little more than your ap1500, maybe ap3000d? smile.png

-Jamie M.

i agree but main priority is a car after i sell my dirtbike bacause of the gass prices and stuff. but whatever money is left after that i will be looking into an amp because this ap1500 we already tested the xcons on it haha they are glorious and they freakin pound

i agree but main priority is a car after i sell my dirtbike bacause of the gass prices and stuff. but whatever money is left after that i will be looking into an amp because this ap1500 we already tested the xcons on it haha they are glorious and they freakin pound
Ahhh yes. Any car that has "fuel economy" would be difficult to squeeze two 18's in :) Are you still thinking ported? If you go back to sealed you might be able to put something INSANE in something like a Mini Cooper S, fun to drive, great on gas, SWEET hatchback for a MONSTER system :)

-Jamie M.

haha cant afford a new car man im only 17 i need somehting i can pay straight up for but im keeping the van and putting the 18s in there and the gcon in the car. so we will see how everything goes. but i would like more opinions aswell thanks for yours jamie!

haha cant afford a new car man im only 17 i need somehting i can pay straight up for but im keeping the van and putting the 18s in there and the gcon in the car. so we will see how everything goes. but i would like more opinions aswell thanks for yours jamie!
I was thinking used, not new. Can pick up Mini Cooper S turbo's for around $5k here all day long :) Can't beat that deal! Ahhh, 18's for the van... where's the fun it that? Squeeze some (or a single) 18's in your new Mini Cooper S Turbo and then we're talkin ;)

-Jamie M.

You beat the hell out of that poor sub...LOL! It seems to have held up pretty well though for the abuse. SSA FTW!! Good luck with finding a economy vehicle, wish I had one. 99 Burban=bad gas mileage, with approx 7-800lbs of equipment= worse! Haha!

You beat the hell out of that poor sub...LOL! It seems to have held up pretty well though for the abuse. SSA FTW!! Good luck with finding a economy vehicle, wish I had one. 99 Burban=bad gas mileage, with approx 7-800lbs of equipment= worse! Haha!

Haha I wish I had better mpg too!

Good thing the repair shop opened early today. :)

P1000939.jpg

P1000940.jpg

haha there it is all gooped up did you test it at all to make sure everything was okay? :o

It has to dry for several hours and maybe days! :P

AH! :P

"gcon killer FTW"

You should be learning something, you are at school after all. Don't make me call my sister! :D

Percision machining class we are on the computers talking to packer about machineing a few poles!

Percision machining class we are on the computers talking to packer about machineing a few poles!

If you need help let me know, I may have access to a full machine shop.

okay this class looks like its going to be pretty cool.

okay this class looks like its going to be pretty cool.

Making chips is a lot of fun!

What do you mean chips?

What do you mean chips?

Metal chips. When you turn or mill metal.

What do you mean chips?

Metal chips. When you turn or mill metal.

Ohhh haha yeah never done any of this stuff so im excited to see how it is

The GCON lives!

The GCON lives!
Vids or it didn't happen wink.png

-Jamie M.

I am sure he will chime in, but my son they put the sub in and he was making it do some work.