nem

Austin863's X-WAGON Build

Not really. If they were going to be from behind then you might as well just have the sub(s) play into the midbass region anyways. Go ahead and bridge the 4chn to the comps smile.png

wouldnt really be way behind me theyd be right behind the seats ill draw up a layout and show you what i want for positioning of everything.

I wouldn't put midbass speakers behind me period. Put the IA components in the kick and install the 8s in the door.

gcon and recone should be here within the next 2-3 weeks hopefully i cannot wait to get them in!!

Not really. If they were going to be from behind then you might as well just have the sub(s) play into the midbass region anyways. Go ahead and bridge the 4chn to the comps smile.png

wouldnt really be way behind me theyd be right behind the seats ill draw up a layout and show you what i want for positioning of everything.

It's a bad idea. You want the drivers placed as wide as possible, and you do not want any of the drivers directly behind you.

You can draw what you like, but I'm positive you won't be happy with the end result if you follow through.

It's a bad idea. You want the drivers placed as wide as possible, and you do not want any of the drivers directly behind you.

You can draw what you like, but I'm positive you won't be happy with the end result if you follow through.

yeah i just decided to do the IA upfront and maybe throw in 1 8'' crecendo in each door. idk yet we will see.

yeah i just decided to do the IA upfront and maybe throw in 1 8'' crecendo in each door. idk yet we will see.

Why would you use a pro audio driver for midbass?

explain to me why i wouldn't want that? i'm not following i think i'd need a bit of a bigger driver because in my van you cant hear barely any midbass upfront its mostly highs and lows. not to much mid

Pro audio mid drivers often sacrifice midbass extension for an increase in overall loudness. In other words they will be loud, but most likely lack the midbass you want.

I'm not saying it's not possible to achieve stellar midbass from pro audio drivers, but in your situation it makes much more sense to use a traditional 8" midbass driver.

so what would you reccomend i look at just like a normal driver but an 8 that would work well as a midbass.

In my experience with the IAs, they have a good amount of mid bass output. I would try them first and see how you like them.

yeah i will be just getting the ia's first but if they aren't putting out what im looking for then i may resort to a driver in my doors.

Personally I think its rather weird to use some driver that needs to be processed in conjunction with a comp set. Either go all active, or use a comp set.

it will probably be all active.

I wouldn't run a comp set active, it can be done but it's pointless in my opinion. There are so many raw drivers out there that would suit active much better.

well then should i run it passive because im getting a comp set

134.jpg

First Run of mine in the 1000w class!

Edited by Austin863

155.jpg

Broke my personal record i finally hit the 140.1 i was looking for! i was so damn tickled!

Talk of the show there. One 15 hitting those numbers really made people look.

Awesome Job!

Rumor has it you can sing?

Broke my personal record i finally hit the 140.1 i was looking for! i was so damn tickled!

Wow, nice!!! I finally got some bump upgrade in my trunk, two 12's smile.png

My new favourite songs that hit LOOOOOW:

Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub.mp3

Oj Da Juiceman - I Cook ft Gucci Mane (sorry for the quality)

Sha Stimuli ft T-Pain - Everybody Else

-Jamie M.

Edited by toysareforboys

Wow, nice!!! I finally got some bump upgrade in my trunk, two 12's smile.png

My new favourite songs that hit LOOOOOW:

Big K.R.I.T. - My Sub.mp3

Oj Da Juiceman - I Cook ft Gucci Mane (sorry for the quality)

Sha Stimuli ft T-Pain - Everybody Else

-Jamie M.

Thanks man i'll check them out! biggrin.png Once i get the 2nd gcon in the gwagon. ill make sure i get some demo videos :) Edited by Austin863

GCON AND RECON HAVE BEEN SHIPPED! :D

NOW i gotta design a ported box anyone know any good calculators i can use?

NOW i gotta design a ported box anyone know any good calculators i can use?

Your brain....or if that doesn't work the Torres calculator is pretty good. Stefan also has one somewhere.