KyleBrown

Audio technix deadener.....

I'm pretty sure Audiofanaticz or whatever his name is on S.M.D. deleted my thread. He got extremely defensive and tried to make me out to be a liar. Only posting certain pictures from my photobucket in which no deadener was visible on the bottom of the rear deck. Those pics where taken shortly after I blew up my diamonds, pulled everything out of the trunk including the deadener on the bottom of the deck. Its extremely time consuming, but its part of my madness. I told SS jon partially about my stress tests between damp pro and roadkill expert. I never divulged any full details as they were for my one satisfaction. No homo. This was also the reason why I did not post anything about the wire. On top of everything I was offered team pricing on all AT gear so I was trying to be respectful and meeting him in person. So I had no motivation to post negative results about AT deadener other than to be honest. Other people posted in that about the AT being sub par and were quickly shut down.

All this being said, he did send an email saying he would refund double my money if I returned the product and it tested faulty. Funny thing is, I never received this email. He did post a screen shot showing it was sent, but I did not get it. If I would have gotten this email, I would have agreed to it most likely. Even though there's no way to prove he would be honest about his findings. I then posted screen shots of my phone in the emails, and he made a smartass remark about they can be deleted. After I apologized for there being a break down in communication which was not my fault.

I would have agreed to sending it back for testing if he didn't make a smart ass remark. I will do more testing with the product. Its entirely possible that the small portion I used was faulty, as there is one small piece still sticking.

As for the "air" pockets, it looks like that from the deadener pulling off the metal. On top of all this. I've dynamat extreme on my trunk lid for over 4yrs. I've yet have any deadener fail like this.

Sorry for everything being so mixed up, but its a lot to try and cover.

By no means am I saying all AT deadener is junk. Maybe I just got unlucky

Also, to add to this shit storm. My email has been going crazy with spam and people are trying to hack my photobucket password.

Really Dudes, even Mass companies can have Elemental Skars to their reputation and still sell product. People will buy cheap shit just because it's cheap. Hell, they buy shit just by being told it's on sale.

lol your too much !!

Part of the problem is that people love to believe that everybody in business is adding huge markups and that if only a decent person would come along, we'd all have great products for very little money.

Several businesses in this sector (some listed above :D) have thrived on the premise that everybody else is an idiot but because you are "in the know", they'll sell you the best products at "insider" prices. Ironically it's often the lowest priced goods that carry the highest markup. Definitely doesn't make them a good value.

Really Dudes, even Mass companies can have Elemental Skars to their reputation and still sell product. People will buy cheap shit just because it's cheap. Hell, they buy shit just by being told it's on sale.

This is very true.

Part of the problem is that people love to believe that everybody in business is adding huge markups and that if only a decent person would come along, we'd all have great products for very little money.

Several businesses in this sector (some listed above biggrin.png) have thrived on the premise that everybody else is an idiot but because you are "in the know", they'll sell you the best products at "insider" prices. Ironically it's often the lowest priced goods that carry the highest markup. Definitely doesn't make them a good value.

also very true

Definitely sounds like you got a bad batch OP. I used the 60 mil B-stock and applied it in 40 degree weather and it's held up perfectly for me. I'm not gonna bash anyone for their opinions, nor am I going to comment on any of what Coleman has said or done. But I will say this: in my honest opinion, Coleman jumped into the industry too fast. While I applaud him for his perseverance and dedication to starting AT from the bottom up, his communication skills aren't there yet. Prime example being his reaction to SSA's rejection of buying the XS wire.

we've been emailing back and forth. He's being extremely apologetic and respectful. So I'll hold off adding this to other forums.

still offered me further discounts.

the only 2 mats i use is dynamat & second skin

You can add SDS to that list :)

This is what he said

" Coleman Thedinger SSA is a waste of my time.

That's because he's tried to fling his bullshit around here, and we didn't let that shit fly ;)

Oh, it flew, flew right out the window and in the direction of SMD. Maybe they can make a package deal on their bullshit, I mean, distortion detector, and some AT deadinher.

Feasting on the ignorant is more than sad. :(

Feasting on the ignorant is more than sad. sad.png

Yes, it's very profitable.

Feasting on the ignorant is more than sad. sad.png

I find you sig too distracting.....

my final words for this thread

unclejohn.gif

I used several rolls of the 80mil about 4 weeks ago. Vinyl backing pealed off easily and it went on fine and seems to stick very well.

I'm thinking you got a bad batch, so hopefully he makes it right.

Only deadener I've had issues with so far was the ss b stock I bought a few years ago, seemed to have zero adhesive properties to it.

SDS tiles are the best product I've ever used.

Well, the further I've gotten away from the start of the roll, the better it works. Still not up to my standards. The adhesive is still very gummy. It seems to be holding its own weight, but it seems it might fail over a longer period of time. Being mounted upside down that is.

Well, the further I've gotten away from the start of the roll, the better it works. Still not up to my standards. The adhesive is still very gummy. It seems to be holding its own weight, but it seems it might fail over a longer period of time. Being mounted upside down that is.

You're still applying it!!??

The critical characteristic of the adhesive is that it be viscoelstic. If you make a ball out of adhesive, stretch it and let it go, it should return to pretty close to its original shape - it shouldn't just stretch out and stay like taffy. If it isn't viscoelastic it woun't work, whether it sticks or not. The waythe adhesive has stretched out in those photos makes it look like that batch of adhesive may be lacking the elastic part of the equation.

You're still applying it!!??

oven test and a two other things. Still too elastic though.

Just throw that trash away....

I won't support a brand like this when the owner will not own up to mistakes or faulty product. And now he's getting into subwoofers and who knows what else. sigh.gif

That's the scary part. Doh.gif

made by sundown? Is that the new relationship?

Don't think so.

AT bought a company called Atmos Audio. They were a small subwoofer manufacturer that had a section over at CSCO. I am certain the owner of AT has no sub woofer engineering or acoustic background to design a sub woofer.

Getting to be to many cookie cutter start up companies lately.

I talked to one of the guys who ran 1 of the EXO's which will be the top level sub rated at 2000 watts. And he said the suspension is really loose on those subs as in you can bottom it out with your hand loose. Also he said it would get stinky real quick.

I won't support a brand like this when the owner will not own up to mistakes or faulty product. And now he's getting into subwoofers and who knows what else. sigh.gif

Don't think so.

AT bought a company called Atmos Audio. They were a small subwoofer manufacturer that had a section over at CSCO. I am certain the owner of AT has no sub woofer engineering or acoustic background to design a sub woofer.

I talked to one of the guys who ran 1 of the EXO's which will be the top level sub rated at 2000 watts. And he said the suspension is really loose on those subs as in you can bottom it out with your hand loose. Also he said it would get stinky real quick.

That is probably an older unit when Atmos was owned by Kevin Holden.

Don't think so.

That is probably an older unit when Atmos was owned by Kevin Holden.

On the subs, I've seen the opposite. might have been confused with a stratos. The new exo softparts are DC I believe.

The motor is the only part I want really :)

some more brain washing

ATbullshit.png

ATbullshit2.png

ATbullshit3.png

someone lying on coleman's behalf