KyleBrown

Audio technix deadener.....

It's dirt cheap. That's the only reason anyone will buy it in the first place. They can read and be informed, but ultimately, they will still buy it due to price. 99% of the people think they hear a difference and believe the product worked. They have no way of measuring to be sure, and we all know how easy it is to fool the mind. Then you factor in the people who think stickiness and foil thickness are all that matter. They slap a ton of shit because it's cheap and they automatically assume it's quieter or "deadened."

In the end, it doesn't matter how much your reputation is skarred, people will always buy if it's cheap.

This is the only thread like this. The others got deleted or shut down. When I purchased this and was offered team pricing, the only reviews were positive, manly from idiots or nut huggers.

Now more truth comes out. Still waiting to see this other guys car that had a similar issue I did.

http://www.carstereoclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?p=67063#post67063

Eyes...

I'm sorry, but they are the worst tool for measuring. This is exactly what I am talking about in the previous posts. You see it acting differently and pick arbitrary numbers out of the air , insert, and bam. See what I'm getting at?

Isn't that how you measure all the time. You measure with your eyes when you need to stop your car so you don't wreck. How far to step so you don't fall down the stairs. What size a bolt is so you can get the right size wrench. I don't carry a fucking ruler in my back pocket nor do I care too. See what I'm getting at? I noticed a very audible difference as well. At full tilt my truck is quiet as shit on the outside with the windows up.

Eyes...

I'm sorry, but they are the worst tool for measuring. This is exactly what I am talking about in the previous posts. You see it acting differently and pick arbitrary numbers out of the air , insert, and bam. See what I'm getting at?

Isn't that how you measure all the time. You measure with your eyes when you need to stop your car so you don't wreck. How far to step so you don't fall down the stairs. What size a bolt is so you can get the right size wrench. I don't carry a fucking ruler in my back pocket nor do I care too. See what I'm getting at? I noticed a very audible difference as well. At full tilt my truck is quiet as shit on the outside with the windows up.

The problem is your eye is not sensitive enough to he used as a measuring device for panel movement. It's akin to stating you could measure a driver's excursion by eye. Audible differences are a given, but you are already perceiving a change so you brain has already signaled there will be a change whether there is or not.

Eyes...

I don't think anyone is saying AT does absolutely nothing. At the very least it's adding some measurable amount of mass to a panel, and potentially adding some minor but probably measurable amount of stiffening to the panel. Same goes for products like Peel N Seal. But those two attributes don't necessarily make it an effect constrained layer damper, which is the primary job it's supposed to be performing.

fuuu.gifduel.gif

Eyes...

The problem is your eye is not sensitive enough to he used as a measuring device for panel movement. It's akin to stating you could measure a driver's excursion by eye. Audible differences are a given, but you are already perceiving a change so you brain has already signaled there will be a change whether there is or not.

I cannot measure exact sizes with my eye but, I can tell you what's its close to. I can tell how much my subs move. Just watch the letters. Same goes for my spotted up roof lol. Everyone that's got in it after the deadener has been impressed too. It does a good job for what I paid for it. Was I willing to spend 3x as much on sds? No I was going the cheaper route and it worked.

You absolutely don't understand "worked". Had you spent the same money on SDS you'd have better results.

I realize you'll never change your attitude, but it's a trait you should work on.

Eyes...

Isn't that how you measure all the time. You measure with your eyes when you need to stop your car so you don't wreck. How far to step so you don't fall down the stairs. What size a bolt is so you can get the right size wrench. I don't carry a pucking ruler in my back pocket nor do I care too. See what I'm getting at? I noticed a very audible difference as well. At full tilt my truck is quiet as shit on the outside with the windows up.

Is it really that horrible of a product if he bought the shit to make his roof stop rattling and it worked, ive heard his truck at full tilt and it is pretty damn quiet for the huge sub stage. He bought it to stop rattles, applied it properly and it has served his purpose, no need to split hairs and try to discredit what he experienced.

This is such a dead horse, why spend this much time worrying about it?

Eyes...

Isn't that how you measure all the time. You measure with your eyes when you need to stop your car so you don't wreck. How far to step so you don't fall down the stairs. What size a bolt is so you can get the right size wrench. I don't carry a pucking ruler in my back pocket nor do I care too. See what I'm getting at? I noticed a very audible difference as well. At full tilt my truck is quiet as shit on the outside with the windows up.

Is it really that horrible of a product if he bought the shit to make his roof stop rattling and it worked, ive heard his truck at full tilt and it is pretty damn quiet for the huge sub stage. He bought it to stop rattles, applied it properly and it has served his purpose, no need to split hairs and try to discredit what he experienced.

I'm not worried about anything. He just proved my point I made earlier. Yes, the stuff made a difference, but what amount. I was not questioning the difference, I questioned his numbers stated and methods of measurement. It's simply perception. He percieved a difference; his mind had already made that decision for him.

Eyes...

I'm not worried about anything. He just proved my point I made earlier. Yes, the stuff made a difference, but what amount. I was not questioning the difference, I questioned his numbers stated and methods of measurement. It's simply perception. He percieved a difference; his mind had already made that decision for him.

I understand why you would suspect that, but to say it as if its fact and there's no way it could possibly have happened just shows an automatic bias. Your hastening to doubt a product that you've never seen, heard, or used just because of one bad batch? After the owner gave OP team pricing (real team member), and offered to send more or refund his money, I really don't see the problem. No ones claiming its the best, but to automatically assume its useless junk is a bold statement not supported by facts.

He switched build houses because it was junk. Not arguing either way, just stating the obvious.

I'm glad he's trying to fix it. But that's besides the point. Let people drag my name through the mud and asked people to cover it up.

This mishap won't keep me from a hobby I love. I'll continue to post my honest reviews of products I use.

Eyes...

I understand why you would suspect that, but to say it as if its fact and there's no way it could possibly have happened just shows an automatic bias. Your hastening to doubt a product that you've never seen, heard, or used just because of one bad batch? After the owner gave OP team pricing (real team member), and offered to send more or refund his money, I really don't see the problem. No ones claiming its the best, but to automatically assume its useless junk is a bold statement not supported by facts.

You are reading into what I'm typing. Read it for it's literal sense. I am showing no bias. I never stated it was useless. I did say it was junk. It is. And the owner is a douche. These ARE facts proven many times over. There's a reason the guy won't come on this forum anymore. There's a reason he hides on other forums where shit can be covered up..

Following your logic I suppose that you are running Audiobahn subs too.

Judging a product by using it is worse than using scientific logic to understand what it will do. Your comments are indicative of everything that is wrong with the mobile audio industry.

I have 80ft^2 of their 80 mil product that I just got in last week. It doesn't look like the stuff in the original post to this thread though. Black foil, black adhesive layer. I see in a thread linked a few replies above, that they changed their manufacturer. I need to do my Civic, and also my truck (big). I will use this in my Civic. Going to also talk with Don (SDS) about my truck.

I've only spoken with Coleman through e-mail and he was quick/courteous. I haven't been in the game for years like many of you guys, so I don't know the history.

This was an interesting read though.

- Dave

Edited by Dave88LX

I have 80ft^2 of their 80 mil product that I just got in last week. It doesn't look like the stuff in the original post to this thread though. Black foil, black adhesive layer. I see in a thread linked a few replies above, that they changed their manufacturer. I need to do my Civic, and also my truck (big). I will use this in my Civic. Going to also talk with Don (SDS) about my truck.

I've only spoken with Coleman through e-mail and he was quick/courteous. I haven't been in the game for years like many of you guys, so I don't know the history.

This was an interesting read though.

- Dave

80 ft^2 is a shit ton of deadener for one small sedan.

It's a hybrid, so it's really loud! Plus, I need to do like 2 or 3 layers.

No, really though, I was going to use whatever I needed in the Civic, and start on the rest in the truck. That was before I read this. Hoping this new line is better than the old.