KyleBrown

Audio technix deadener.....

So I finally ordered some 80mil AT deadener to test out. Shipping was quick and I received a discounted rate. So that was great. Everything started going wrong once the package showed up. The adhesive backing on the foil had gotten smeared all over the inside the box, so I had to literally rip the box apart to get to the deadener. The adhesive had gotten stuck all over the wrong side of the back as well. First thing I noticed was the foil is a extremely rigid. It is close to the same thickness as stinger roadkill expert, but much less flexible. Second, is the plastic film to cover the adhesive is difficult to remove, which leaves more opportunities to be slice by the aluminum backing. Third, the peanut butter colored adhesive is excessively sticky and too "gumy". It has the consistency of chewed up bubble gum. But I figured this would make it stick better.... Wrong...

The area I applied this deadener was the underside of my rear deck. I have previously used stinger roadkill expert and second skin damp pro on this area. Each time, all deadener was removed and the area prepped again. The stinger and second skin where on there about 6 months each. No issues at all.

I got done cleaning all the second skin off, prepped the area using acetone and then a damp cloth. Ensured the area was completely dry, then began the application of the Audio technix. This was an over timely process due to the lack of cooperation from the aluminum backing and the gumy adhesive. I do not use a roller, I use the handle end of a screw driver. It allows me to apply more pressure and get in all the cracks. It takes longer, but is more effective. Ok job done right? WRONG lol. I pop my trunk a few days later and notice the some of the deadener drooping down. So I take the time and reform the deadener. About a week later, I pop the trunk and find a bigger piece of the deadener laying on one of my amps, and the adhesive literally dripping down off the rear deck. I've since ripped all of the crap out. Now I have dripping gumy glue sheet all over my rear deck. I tried some tips from other to remove it with no luck. Its a complete catastrophe. I've asked to send the unused portion back(20ft) a get a refund, but I got a no.

HERE ARE THE PICTURES, KEEP IN MIND, THE DAMP PRO AND ROADKILL EXPERT WHERE APPLIED IN THE EXACT SAME FASHION AND THE EXACT SAME AREAS.

20120527_171326-1.jpg

20120528_123928-1.jpg

20120528_123935.jpg

20120527_171320.jpg

20120527_171326.jpg

20120527_171330.jpg

Now if you come in here talkin trash, keep in mind, I've used alot of deadener and adhesive for this crap can't even sustain itself, so there's no way it will hold up and aluminum backing.

Also the over thickness is less than that of damp pro and roadkill expert.

I'd rather pay the premium over priced price of dynamat extreme than deal with this. Damp pro, roadkill expert, and dynamat extreme are superior products.

the two larger pieces had been off less than day in those pics

the smaller pieces were removed at that time, then pictures of the adhesive dripping off the following day.

Why did you buy this stuff anyways if you alread had the area deadened previously with a superior product to boot?

And with all their bad publicity already, you should have known better than to waste your time and money.

That sucks man. Awesome budget product my ass! Sad to see everyone hanging on their nuts when they provide such a crappy product.

What a shame....

Try SDS next. You will love it.

I like to do my own real world testing. I was going to be using this on a buddies truck doors. But not anymore lol

SDS?

Sound deadener showdown.

You sir do not know what you are doing.. You are pathetic.. Jesus Christ.. i dont even know what to say...

Lol.. is that the kind of trash talking you were talking about? hehe

Anyways, Were you able to apply ANY of that stuff that didn't have Adhesive problems out of the box?

In favor of the product in this instance, if you applied any of it that had adhesive damage, then can't give an accurate review of it's adhesive strength...

Now, on the other hand, the adhesive should have never came in contact with anything other than protective sheeting.

I've never seen it come this way from anyone but if the protective sheeting can't "protect it", then they need to wrap it up in plastic sheeting and tape it up securely to prevent this from happening.

That's a whole $0.05 out of pocket expense on their end.

Another thing is a while back i had bought some B stock SS spl tile things from them and i applied them on 1 door and that stuff didnt stick right at all after 2-4weeks.

IT was B stock because something was off with the adhesive, can't remember what though but they said it would still work fine....Yea right.. maybe on the floor, lol.

I will say that you said the sheets are very stiff.. That alone takes a LOT of forming to get right.. it's a Bitch!

It's extremely difficult to apply stiff sheets on an area where gravity is the enemy.

Perhaps they need to rethink their focus on who and how their sheets is to be used?

In my experience, if i were selling deadener and the customer got it in like that, an insurance claim should have been possible and an immediate re-shipment of material should have been issued.

Deadener is not that expensive so there shouldn't be any reason "out of pocket" is severe in such cases.

That sucks man. Awesome budget product my ass! Sad to see everyone hanging on their nuts when they provide such a crappy product.

yeah sad to see Jacob fuller promote a crappy product. Especially from a kid that trash talked sundown publicly.

The owner has also proven that he isn't very honest, and a bit shady.

So you removed perfectly good product just to test another one? I could see if it were drivers or amplifiers, but who wants to do deadening more than once anyways?

I haven't seen anyone else do this. I think outside of the box. Plus I wasn't going to install it in someone else vehicle before I tested it. I'm very thankful I did. Yes it is a pain in the ass. I figured this would be my last time applying deadener to the area lol.

You sir do not know what you are doing.. You are pathetic.. Jesus Christ.. i dont even know what to say...

Lol.. is that the kind of trash talking you were talking about? hehe

Anyways, Were you able to apply ANY of that stuff that didn't have Adhesive problems out of the box?

In favor of the product in this instance, if you applied any of it that had adhesive damage, then can't give an accurate review of it's adhesive strength...

Now, on the other hand, the adhesive should have never came in contact with anything other than protective sheeting.

I've never seen it come this way from anyone but if the protective sheeting can't "protect it", then they need to wrap it up in plastic sheeting and tape it up securely to prevent this from happening.

That's a whole $0.05 out of pocket expense on their end.

Another thing is a while back i had bought some B stock SS spl tile things from them and i applied them on 1 door and that stuff didnt stick right at all after 2-4weeks.

IT was B stock because something was off with the adhesive, can't remember what though but they said it would still work fine....Yea right.. maybe on the floor, lol.

I will say that you said the sheets are very stiff.. That alone takes a LOT of forming to get right.. it's a Bitch!

It's extremely difficult to apply stiff sheets on an area where gravity is the enemy.

Perhaps they need to rethink their focus on who and how their sheets is to be used?

In my experience, if i were selling deadener and the customer got it in like that, an insurance claim should have been possible and an immediate re-shipment of material should have been issued.

Deadener is not that expensive so there shouldn't be any reason "out of pocket" is severe in such cases.

I did not use the "damaged" areas. I wasted about 1.5ft to get to the "good" stuff.

Damn man........That's just shotty craftsmanship. I see the install work looks like it was done well. But the product looks about 10 times worse than peel and seal.

J

Damn man........That's just shotty craftsmanship. I see the install work looks like it was done well. But the product looks about 10 times worse than peel and seal.

J

shit happens I guess lol

anyone want to buy the rest of it :)

I have some ofc 0g AT wire as well

J

shit happens I guess lol

anyone want to buy the rest of it smile.png

Haha good luck selling that crap here. :peepwall:

rofl lol.

The wire is a disappointment as well lulz

I'm out of acetone too.....

J

shit happens I guess lol

anyone want to buy the rest of it smile.png

garbage

yeah sad to see Jacob fuller promote a crappy product. Especially from a kid that trash talked sundown publicly.

Jacob used to recommend Peel N Seal as an effective sound deadener. Just because he owns Sundown doesn't mean he knows or understands anything about sound deadener.

The owner of AT has a history of dishonesty and demonstrated idiocy. Don't know why people are surprised when his product fails to perform any better than his character & behavior would indicate. I would never use nor recommend the product.

I wasn't saying he knew anything about deadener but he has a long trail of lemmings that follow his every word and now he's promoting a shitty product.

we talking about C-the-dinger?

we talking about C-the-dinger?

Yes

Cheap isn't always the answer. Price isn't everything, obviously.

I've said before, and I'll ALWAYS say it. You cannot sell something so much cheaper then everyone else and maintain good product. Simple as that.

C-thedinger is a shit person with worse product.

He's young, probably younger than me it seems. I hope he can get his ish squared away. Had he placed some blame on the product its self and not on the fact I didn't use a roller, I would have gone for the exchange. But his emails were respectful and prompt.

I do not like putting down products, but I felt this should be shared.