KyleBrown

Audio technix deadener.....

That sucks man. Awesome budget product my ass! Sad to see everyone hanging on their nuts when they provide such a crappy product.

yeah sad to see Jacob fuller promote a crappy product. Especially from a kid that trash talked sundown publicly.

Jacob used to recommend Peel N Seal as an effective sound deadener. Just because he owns Sundown doesn't mean he knows or understands anything about sound deadener.

The owner of AT has a history of dishonesty and demonstrated idiocy. Don't know why people are surprised when his product fails to perform any better than his character & behavior would indicate. I would never use nor recommend the product.

I wasn't saying he knew anything about deadener but he has a long trail of lemmings that follow his every word and now he's promoting a shitty product.

I know, I'm agreeing with you. My response was pointing out that Jacob obviously doesn't understand sound deadening, so don't follow his recommendations. It wasn't pointed at you but the lemmings that follow his every word.

That said, the owner of AT doesn't understand sound deadener either......LOL. And he's an asshat on top of it. Sorry to hear the OP spent hard earned money and ended up with a substandard product....but it's no surprise, and glad to see the truth being told.

Two things...

One, why did you not like the wire? It's pretty hard to mess up wire so curious as to what you do not like about it..

And 2, bassahaulic, some things are sold cheaper than anyone else and still perform well..

Crescendo and Audiopipe..

We may not be comparing utmost superior parts being used in some AP amps but with how the majority of users use high powered amps just for xtreme bass and burps, if it works, it works.. Proper installation will allow anyone's product to last a long time.

Thats one hell of a mess to clean up. I woulda have thought you being a regular on his forum and someone spending a decent amount of money, he would have tried to handle it differently.

Iput about 15sq ft on my roof and it is still stuck as hell. My roof gets hot as hell. I used a screw driver too. Nothing but good things from me :) also got a lot more in my truck and it performs great!

Two things...

One, why did you not like the wire? It's pretty hard to mess up wire so curious as to what you do not like about it..

And 2, bassahaulic, some things are sold cheaper than anyone else and still perform well..

Crescendo and Audiopipe..

We may not be comparing utmost superior parts being used in some AP amps but with how the majority of users use high powered amps just for xtreme bass and burps, if it works, it works.. Proper installation will allow anyone's product to last a long time.

Its much thinner than advertised but meets the standard. Very loosely packed. The wire slips and slides in the jacket.

Its highly flexible, good copper. Price is fair for what you get.,

Iput about 15sq ft on my roof and it is still stuck as hell. My roof gets hot as hell. I used a screw driver too. Nothing but good things from me smile.png also got a lot more in my truck and it performs great!

I put the 60mil in the rear area of my yukon last July in 98 degree weather, still sticking today. No smells and did the job. Sorry to hear this happened. I did the doors in my S10 also, and its still hanging on.

staying on is a horrible standard.

We discovered this at my house. I could. Not get over how soft it got from the heat. Obviously it was a defective batch. But that is not the point. What we have here is an owner not willing to stand behind his product.

Edited by stovebolt6

staying on is a horrible standard.

How is an average person supposed to measure effectiveness?

oh man what a f,ing mess & $ wasted too , that sucks big time

the only 2 mats i use is dynamat & second skin

You should post this in one of the AT sub forums and see what is said. I know I will not buy this after seeing the pictures. And not using a roller will not cause this!

The clueless kiddies will come a'runnin'. Exactly what happened when we refunded him money for his first person comparison of XP Flex wire. So freaking unprofessional, it's awkward. Shame to see Kyle have this happen, maybe if this hit's enough forums and enough people see the quality of the product, maybe AT will do something about it.

You should post this in one of the AT sub forums and see what is said. I know I will not buy this after seeing the pictures. And not using a roller will not cause this!

Exactly what happened when we refunded him money for his first person comparison of XP Flex wire. So freaking unprofessional,

Say whaa?

I won't support a brand like this when the owner will not own up to mistakes or faulty product. And now he's getting into subwoofers and who knows what else. sigh.gif

It's a shame to see ANY 'sound deadener' product fail simply for the fact that someone spent the time, money, and effort to install and now clean up the mess.

Whether it was installation error, bad batch, whatever, it's a shame.

And I am amazed at some of the comments and things that people have said in regards to Kyle's pictures... it's amazing how heated these sound deadening threads get.

As they say in my country : "bon maché couté chè" !!! It means that cheap things are finally expensive !

You need to work again to remove it, and then buy something else. It would have been cheaper to get some SS, dynamat or SDS first.

But I understand that the OP wanted to test a new product, before installing it in a friend's car.

OP, use it on the floor of the cabin and the trunk if you have some left. Don't try to sell it again.

I won't support a brand like this when the owner will not own up to mistakes or faulty product. And now he's getting into subwoofers and who knows what else. sigh.gif

That's the scary part. :Doh:

I don't see how any sensible person would buy one of his subs when there are so many other options from reputable companies in the same price range. The sad part, though, is that some people probably will...

Edited by 40oz

OP, use it on the floor of the cabin and the trunk if you have some left. Don't try to sell it again.

I would just throw it away! trink40.gif

That's the scary part. :Doh:

made by sundown? Is that the new relationship?

That's the scary part. Doh.gif

made by sundown? Is that the new relationship?

Don't think so.

Interesting info, this same topic was posted on ROE, Coleman shows up and while I was at the gym, some other moderator deleted the topic. Hum, definition of shady. Wow.

Nice to see the truth will always prevail on SSA!

Guess that is why almost all of us are here, covering shit up to help others is wrong!

i love by second skin, i put it on when it was cold ( by texas standards)and i did not use a roller, and it stuck, went thru a summer... it stayed (texas summer) then a winter.. and now were entering another summer, and its still holding strong.. no sliding. no falling no nothing. its great,.. and i have used other stuff... ... infact when i bought my black lincoln back, it was funny to see where the "other stuff" relocated too.. i think steve seen it too....

and secondskin just works... my trunk is a beast. almost 150 DB inside, and when you get outside my trunk is pretty fucking silent if you think about the force thats being thrown at it,