liljestrand

B2 xc side by side with SSA zcon

IMG_20120531_103620.jpg

IMG_20120531_103720.jpg

Side by side comparisons of the B2 XC and SSA Zcon.

On a side note. It was great dealing with B2. Always were quick to answer questions, and they shipped the subs from denmark on tues, and I receieved them thur all the way in Oregon.

That's a big ass! Look forward to getting a demo of these, for sure!

Someone else using the Fi basket?

From what I understand they are free to use as of now. There is a huge onslaught of them being produced in China at the build houses, which means you will see several show up here in the states with new or former companies.

Edited by pro-rabbit

From what I understand they are free to use as of now. There is a huge onslaught of them being produced in China at the build houses, which means you will see several show up here in the states with new or former companies.

That must mean Scott sold the rights or is not pursuing all the companies using it without permission.

That must mean Scott sold the rights or is not pursuing all the companies using it without permission.

It's hard to say. I'm sure you would be able find that out much quicker then I could. lol Overall though, I'm sure there is a plethora of loop wholes those other companies can wiggle in/out of.

Isn't B^2 a European company? What does that change, as far as using similar parts?

regardless of FI basket or not... Definitely looks like it can do some damage... Look forward to your review/thoughts on it... Comparisons not necessary since we all know variables will be abundant ...

Good luck on the install Phil!!! And make it a quick one pls....

Isn't B^2 a European company? What does that change, as far as using similar parts?

A lot. That is why China and other countries have the ability to make what they do. Our federal laws and patents do not extend to all countries.

That's what i though. That's probably why Scott can't/isn't doing much about it, if it is really the same basket.

Talking to the owner from B2 he said everything on the xc's is designed by them all the way down to the terminals.

Talking to the owner from B2 he said everything on the xc's is designed by them all the way down to the terminals.

I doubt that, Why would you try and redesign something such as terminals when there are already well designed off the shelf terminals that would be far cheaper than designing and producing your own. Also the basket looks to be a TC sounds basket... Which is understandable because it is a good platform to build on.

Edited by Julian

I'm just relaying what I was told by the owner of b2.

Oh I know, I'm just thinking out loud ;)

Kyle from tc has said that b2 went to them to get some subs built. They built them protos and shipped them out to b2 and they stole the design.

That's a soundstream xxx basket fwiw. Not the frame that Fi uses / owns the patent on.

I don't know about the big subs but the lower line is made out of the same build house Jacob uses in China

That would actually explain the price difference between their entry level subs and comp level subs. These were made at b2 in denmark.

That's a soundstream xxx basket fwiw. Not the frame that Fi uses / owns the patent on.

I don't know about the big subs but the lower line is made out of the same build house Jacob uses in China

So I guess the earlier statements do NOT apply to this thread... Good to know... And if the Soundstream XXX basket is good then that means this should be just AS good and maybe better, right? who knows

Soundstream xxx ? Here is a sub I hate ! Expensive, heavy, sounds too bad for me, and they keep blowing them in my country !!!

Only good thing about them, for me, is that I make good money on each recone kit I order !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP, tell us what you think about it, when you can.

We learn something everyday : a Danish car audio company ! Sweden, france, Italy, Germany, they all have great car audio companies,...and now Denmark !

I am hoping to install them this weekend. Have had no time working 6 12's then saturday I have football then 3 more 12 hour shifts.

Hoping these sound great. They are sq subs that get stupidly loud.

I am hoping to install them this weekend. Have had no time working 6 12's then saturday I have football then 3 more 12 hour shifts.

looking forward to the install Phil!!!

looking forward to the install Phil!!!

any updates man???