JohnHinerman

(3) L3 Wiring question

About to put three 10" L3 D2 in a truck. The amplifier is a RF T1500-1bdcp with a birth sheet of

1150x1 @ 4ohm

1734x1 @ 2ohm

1885x1 @ 1ohm

The L3's show 400w RMS. My options are wiring them parallel or series parallel. Can these woofers handle the power if I run the amp at 1.3ohm? Or should I go with the 3 ohm load

Thanks !

Just be cautious with the amp settings and how you beat on the subs.

The birth sheet means nothing though, so don't go by those numbers as they are just tossed out by someone filling everything out.

you can put a 10000 watt amp on those subs....... you tell the amp what to do .. you are in control. you set the perimeters

You aren't going to hear any difference in output between wiring either 1.3ohm or 3ohm on that amplifier. Depending on how comfortable you are with your ability to control the volume, it would probably be a little better to wire them to 3ohm & be on the safe side with power. Not going to make a lick of audible difference.

Well with my experience with the l3s i would not put any more power than recommend on them. cause i had 2 10s on 1000 watts and within 5 or 6 minutes they would begin to smell bad. But i am very heavy on the volume knob and tey where in the kicker box.