i9z4real@yahoo.com

How would 4 12 inch Dcons sound

Running off 500wattsx2 bridged @ 4ohms rear channels of a crescendo1000c4. All stock electrical system 1999 volkswagen passat (I might get the big 3 upgrade if necessary). Would these subs have trouble reaching their potentional with only 500 watts split between them?

Edited by i9z4real@yahoo.com

you sure you've got enough space in your trunk to fit a decent enclosure in your trunk ?

big three is ALWAYS a good thing ,regardless of setup ....

you sure you've got enough space in your trunk to fit a decent enclosure in your trunk ?

my trunk is pretty massive with nothing in it besides the amp.. But now I'm second guessing my first suggestion with what little power I have on the amp.. Maybe 2 12 inch Dcons off 500x2 bridged rears would sound better than 4 splitting the power up between them?

my trunk is pretty massive with nothing in it besides the amp.. But now I'm second guessing my first suggestion with what little power I have on the amp.. Maybe 2 12 inch Dcons off 500x2 bridged rears would sound better than 4 splitting the power up between them?

The power is not a problem, four 12's in a trunk is a problem. Two twelves or three tens would be a better choice in my opinion.

I would suggest finding out what kind of room you have to work with first. Then go about figuring out what would work best with your goals, power, and application in mind.

What kind of box could I fit in a 42.5 inch across 20 inch high 32 from back of seat to end of trunk. I'm looking to get 4 12 inch dcons in there but i can settle for 3 or 2 if i really have too

One of my ride is a 2000 passat, and if I was going in the direction you are heading I would choose 2 15" dcon, make the box to seal off trunk, with subs and port firing inside the cabin.

To be honest i have similar dimensions.. Not that far off. but the height and length is what is going to kill you, unless your willing to build the box inside the trunk.

My trunk is 19" high and i had a really tight squeeze to fit a box that was only 14.5" in height and 30" in length.

One of my ride is a 2000 passat, and if I was going in the direction you are heading I would choose 2 15" dcon, make the box to seal off trunk, with subs and port firing inside the cabin.

What do you mean by seal off the trunk??

There are a number of folks on here that have done and sealed off their trunk. Use your search function and I am sure you will have answers. Always use the search first. If you do npt find whaT your after, then by all means ask.

There are a number of folks on here that have done and sealed off their trunk. Use your search function and I am sure you will have answers. Always use the search first. If you do npt find whaT your after, then by all means ask.

fing34.gif

morning.gif

I would highly suggest seeing if the box would fit properly. Some people have pre-cut boxes, then assembled them in the car because they were too big to slide it. As said before, power is not an issue, fitting a box the size 4 12's will need to be ported properly (say around 7 cubes after port and driver displacement) is the issue.