natedizzle

i got this sound deadener....

ok so i bought some permatex rubberized under coating that im gonna lay some coats on the trunk and the rear deck lid and see if thats helps with the rattle in my trunk...i think it will....i dont know if alot of people have used this before but i heard a couple of people that used it and said it worked pretty good....only $13 for 3 16oz cans so pretty good deal if it works.

cans can be good for some things and bad for others

good because you can spray into places that your hands would never fit.

Bad because they tend to cost a bit more than deadener and they are kinda messy.

Just use a scrap piece of cardboard to avoid overspray

yeah it seems like it might work good for the money(really cheap) but it takes FOREVER to dry...i took my rear deck lid off and my bass is louder and no rattle on the inside because the third brake light was on the lid and thats where most of the rattle was coming from so i might leave it off for awhile....i dont have hardly any people in my car so you cant tell thats its gone of course unless your in it or look close.

i used to work at a body shop and we did rustproofing/undercoating with that stuff...only in a 55gal. drum and a special spray gun. it took like 76545294234 days for it to dry and i never got rid of the smell. as for your break light issue, can you remove it? in my state there is no law that requires you have one so i just removed it. that egg-crate foam padding works really well to if your looking for additional cheap deadening.

Edited by Trixter

i had the 3rd brake light problem, i put a dab of super glue around the spots that it was moving, solved the problem.

damn you werent kidding about the dry time and the smell....ill fix that 3rd brake like somehow......where can i get that egg crate padding from????.....

damn you werent kidding about the dry time and the smell....ill fix that 3rd brake like somehow......where can i get that egg crate padding from????.....

wal-mart, bedding section...

egg crate = hella cheap open celled acoustical foam :D