MrBrooks

Old school soundsream lil wonder 4

I have an older(99-01timefame) lil wonder 4 that I have misplaced the crossover/filter sip chips for.

Does anyone know if they are an electronics supply house item or will I need to contact Soundstream to replace them?

Edited by MrBrooks

Soundstream (the brand name) has been sold at least once, maybe twice since that amp was produced so if you called today you wouldn't be calling the people who made your amp.

To be honest you might be outta luck...I would try ebay.

Check ebay or make your own. They were simply a series of resistors. If you still have the manual, they have a graph & formula for determining the value of the resistors. The manual is on the website HERE, however the PDF on their website is a little hard to read in that section but might be legible enough to help you.

Thanks.............I know they have changed hands since then...........that is my major concern.......I have an email into Soundstream about the availability of the chips............I may just let the hu do the hi pass and leave it at full range.........is going in a small build for my knock around car.........just using stuff I have laying around...

As I said, you could make your own if you wanted to. Manual explains how.

But your plan of leaving the amp full range & using the crossovers in the headunit is a much better option.

Soundstream has changed hands but they are very good about supporting ALL their products. That's one quality that never left them.

As I said, you could make your own if you wanted to. Manual explains how.

But your plan of leaving the amp full range & using the crossovers in the headunit is a much better option.

After reading the manual................its not much of a filter anyway.................either fixed at 45hz or 150hz......

I'll just let HU do the filtering.............