Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

What version SA-8 do you have ?

SA-8_Versions.jpg

So it is a bit confusing due to several updates along the way... so the above should help out when ordering a re-cone kit.

We need to know what version you have to built the correct kit.

Aside from the box printing being a bit mis-leading it's not super hard to understand using the above picture.

The 60 unit run of "v.2" woofers (v1.75) was only sold to a few people who knew up front about what they were -- I just had the factory put v.2 on the box so we would know what they were as we unloaded the truck. But I am sure someone will get one of them second hand. They can be re-coned to standard v1.5 parts with copper coil and hard spider.

As the photo indicates the baskets cannot be swapped around. This is due to a bolt pattern variation -- some savvy users have drilled their own patterns and that is fine as all version v1 through v1.75 have compatible motors -- there is only a slight gap variation across generations of those but not enough to make a significant difference when using them together.

The actual v.2 model is COMPLETELY different. Someone would have to make custom adapters and/or drill and tap the top plate of an older motor to use the basket. I am not planning to offer this adapter.

I was wondering, i have 4 of the v1s and 4 of the v1.5s and i was wondering if i would be ok to run all 8 of them together in the same box since they use the same coils and the same spiders and are the same wattage, or if not since technically they arent 100% the same because of the different baskets they have

I am one of the lucky ones that has 4 of the rare SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL, as Jacob Called them with the extra spiders and the upgraded CCAW voice coil. He said they should handle in upwards to 1000wrms or more.. I have yet to hear them as I haven't hooked them up yet. I totaled my Sierra while I was building a custom fiberglass box for my 2008 Sierra Crew Cab SLT with a 3" seat lift with the subs firing forward and two ports painted white with two strips of blue LED's if anyone is intersted.

I will sell the subs as all 4. Not willing to break them up unless I have someone who is committed into buying 2 and another person comitted into buying the second pair. And Committed, I mean, money in my Paypal account.

I will also sell my sub box and seat lift separately or all as one package. Not to post dump on this thread as a for sale thread, I'm sure someone on here would love to have 2-4 of these super rare SA-8 V.2 Stock SPL fully upgraded and maybe it fits their application having a NNBS crew cab. 

jessesampson @ hotmail . com  remove the spaces. I hate SPAM. I don't get on the board that much. You can PM me on caraudioclassifiedes.com as "Texas Edition" as I have them for sale on there also. I just posted them. I want a pair of Z V.3 15's or 18's or a pair of PSI Car Audio Platform 2 15's or 18's.

Sorry if this is off topic. If it's completely off topic and needs to be removed, let me know and I will just post the part about the SA-8's.

In your pictures for the V.2, which I verified I have with the CCAW Voice Coil and an extra stiffer spider pack, the box says 600 rms, not 500 rms. Was that a typo Jacob? 

Sign in to follow this