Dfrancis24

AA mayhem 15 tuning

ok i purcahase one AA mayhem 15 and will like to know the best tuneing and cubic feet for hip hop,r&b,rap

in a dodge magnum

goals

.spl & sq both

. ported box

Ok, first off your goals are exact opposites. SPL boxes are tuned high and are used for burps only. They don't play music. SQ boxes are tuned low for a flat response and will not be very loud...so you can't have both.

What you want is a daily box. The tuning depends on what you listen to. I know you said hip hop and r&b but not all of that is at the same frequencies.

Ok, first off your goals are exact opposites. SPL boxes are tuned high and are used for burps only. They don't play music. SQ boxes are tuned low for a flat response and will not be very loud...so you can't have both.

What you want is a daily box. The tuning depends on what you listen to. I know you said hip hop and r&b but not all of that is at the same frequencies.

yea i want a daily box

Tuning from 32-36 usually works out well.. Its really personal preference.

I have had really good luck with the Mayhem 15 in 4 cuft tuned to 33 Hz with 65-75 sqin of port area.

As most have said, 32-36 is good for daily, if you want, you can build a double duty box, one port for daily, one port for comp. I don't recommend that choice, but some have had success with it.

Well, I just finished a build for one, "Well though out Mayhem build".

I went with 4tf3 @ 32Hz as Brian suggested.

Model the driver, that will answer any other questions you have...

Well, I just finished a build for one, "Well though out Mayhem build".

I went with 4tf3 @ 32Hz as Brian suggested.

Model the driver, that will answer any other questions you have...

what kind of port you do ?