LMR

knockoffs

I keep hearing about knockoff products on Ebay. How does one go about finding whether or not it is the real deal? Even a store selling fakes can have good feedback because some just want the cheapest. I'm looking for amps and sub-woofers.

buy from a reputable dealer or the manufactuer

As long as you don't buy from sketchy ass random overseas ebay seller you should be fine.

Most of the people who encounter that problem are people who want $1,000 comp sets for $149.99.

Even big e-retailers can sell fakes. Unknowingly, but it has happened.

That's the risk of buying unauthorized. The price is cheaper, but that's because there are greater risks involved. That's the trade-off.

What products are you looking at buying?

Even big e-retailers can sell fakes. Unknowingly, but it has happened.

That's the risk of buying unauthorized. The price is cheaper, but that's because there are greater risks involved. That's the trade-off.

What products are you looking at buying?

On ebay most sellers use Square Trade which adds a warranty for a small fee.. Even with that fee the price of the actual Item is still considerably lower than buying from an authorized dealer.

The Chinese are VERY good about making knock offs.. to the undiscerning eye you would never know. If you're THAT concerned I would invest in a Square Trade warranty or buy from an authorized brick and mortar store.

The Chinese are VERY good about making knock offs.. to the undiscerning eye you would never know. If you're THAT concerned I would invest in a Square Trade warranty or buy from an authorized brick and mortar store.

Even the US military isn't immune. A few weeks ago they announced that after a year long study they found 1,800 cases where counterfeit Chinese parts had been used on US military aircraft.

Even the US military isn't immune. A few weeks ago they announced that after a year long study they found 1,800 cases where counterfeit Chinese parts had been used on US military aircraft.

happends all the time