btl_Co

18" BTL question..please help

Just purchased a new in crate 18" btl with the ufo style motor.is there a way i can tell if it has the daily use or spl option?? The sub is EXTREMLY stiff.. I looked on the inside to see wat it said in maker on the former but all it said was dual 2 btl 18 fc. I hope its the daily lol im gona need to sell it if its the spl option unfortanantly.. any input would be greatly appreciated.thanks

"
Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.
"

no way to tell unless u could look down into the motor...

I know the differences.i bought the sub off someone who couldnt remember which option he chose so i just didnt know if there was a way i could tell but i guess not lol thanks for the response and input..

I think if you bust the dustcap and send a picture of the gap to Fi they can tell you. Or maybe its obvious to the naked eye. But dustcaps are cheap n easy to replace so long as its removed correctly. Nick has a vid for that somewhere

It will be marked on the former, if it is not identified it should default to daily.