I am in the market for a new alarm with remote start, this will be going in my mustang. I'm going to have it professionally installed by a friends shop.

Currently What I am looking for is an alarm with remote start, two way pager, a decent range 1000-1500ft, 2-Way remote with tone and vibe modes.

I am looking into the Avital 5303, but I would prefer a remtoe that actually includes all the buttons into one but is not exactly required. I am looking for some suggestion and reviews. Price I would like to hit would be around 200-300 for the alarm its self.

Thanks.

I've been using Prestige for the past 10-12 years. THe APS line has been a top contender for many many years, and Audivox really knows their shit when it comes to alarms. I just picked up the APS997C for $114 shipped and am in the process of installing it now. I have used all the top of the line APS units for the past 8 years and will continue to use them in the future as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004WMGH8G/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

What do you think about the Avital?

dont hook up the remote start if you dont " need it" dont get it. its problems IMO,

What do you think about the Avital?

No idea, never messed with them. They're a DEI company, so it can't be too bad, but I've never much liked DEI products. Used some Viper alarms many moons ago and had several issues with them.

dont hook up the remote start if you dont " need it" dont get it. its problems IMO,

Why do you say that? I've never had an issue with one. It's easily bypassed if need be. The only issue I could see would be a failed relay on an imobilizer, but if you don't wire that relay in, there's no issue.

i used mine alot, and one time i walked out to a running car filled with smoke, from a relay that caught fire, ..... so if your going to do it.... use good relays i guess... i used the out of box ones,.

Fuck, that's what makes it run. Come out the car and it's already full of smoke. No need to fill it yourself. , . Oh wait. .

Yes, use QUALITY BOSCH relays or you could be skarred.

directed alarms are pretty good that what i use in my cars viper,clifford

by the way i got a clifford 50.5x with all the feature you required for sale

Dei stopped using relays in 2005. They use a MOSFET pack. On there better lines anyway.

I have a Viper 5701. I love how it has 2 way. I have 2 piezo sirens and the motion sensor. It's soo nice. I just have to wire in the remote start.

Viper 5904

I picked up the 5303 and like it so far. Only thing I can complain about is the send and receive time