them6

sundown audio sa-8's tinsel leads burning

And also I just wanted to emphasize all the leads that are burned through are all right befre the lead would enter in to below the dustcap, im not sure if there is any significance to tto this but

And also I just wanted to emphasize all the leads that are burned through are all right befre the lead would enter in to below the dustcap, im not sure if there is any significance to tto this but

ill say again. It was an extreamly common problem. You may not be doing anything wrong and they still failed. I was running 4 in an saz1500 for a while and had numerous failures right where your said yours failed at. The things stated above could certainly cause issues too but I know from experience, these leads fail. Coil would be brand new looking too.

Alright well thanks a bunch, at least I know im not alone, although, I still dont know presisely. What has caused it, but I guess it could be a nunber of things but I guess ill be trying to contact sundown havent got to much of an answer so far but eh lets hope

It has been explained precisely here:

The only thing that will burn up servicable tinsel leads is too much power. The type of signal doesn't matter here as long as we are in the audio realm.

Now, if the lead is damaged in any way the potential for higher resistance (at the damaged point) occurs. When you have higher resistance you get voltage drop. When you get voltage drop you get heat. When you get heat you get more voltage drop. So on and so on until something fails.

Not trying to create an end-all answer, but that pretty much is it.

Now, it could be a manufacturer defect or incorrect use, but this ^^ is it.

I am sorry, I was not disregarding your opinion

Didn't take it that way at all.

Just trying to help you get this figured out. I think it is a lot more simple than everyone is making out to be.