What are you guys' opinions on these amps. Just want some feedback on it. Thanks!

From what I have read, it was said they are good for the money and was recommended by reputable people.

I've used a couple. For the price I'm not sure it can be beat. Power seems to be there it's just the input terminals I don't like. 4ga. But the angle downwards. It's do-able but kind of a pain. I've been through 3 of the bass knobs from not properly mounting it. There kinda fragile on the inside wires of the bass knob. Overall I still recommend the ap to any friends on a budget

get the newer audiopipe apsm 1500s. cheaper, smaller, straight terminals (not angled downward) however, it does have an internal fan that may annoy some people. I have used both. great amps.

I used 4 in my last build. Best bang for the $ Will do rated or very close non clipped. Would suggest the newer apsm case like I showed your Uncle Neal. Only real valid complaint anyone could have is the s/n ratio. I was very happy with mine and for $125 cant be beat. (new)

Mine is the new Ap15001d the 16v version. I like it small compact but hopefully it packs a punch. we are running 1/0 wiring from a very nice batter at about 14.6v so should sound great hopefully the gcon is here tomorrow. im so anxious!

Same as others, good for price, my gripe was it getting so hot so quickly in the summer heat.

Yep, just like those Joe. We mounted it today and I was suprised at the overall quality of it.

Great starter amp. Just don't try to squeeze every last watt out of it and you'll be fine. They actually stand up to abuse pretty well, my friend put his through hell before it finally gave up.

He had it on a stock electrical system and played it so hard that he melted the power/ground/remote, arced the speaker outputs, and blew several 150 amp fuses. When it finally did blow I was surprised, I didn't think ANYTHING would blow it haha...

EDIT: He melted the power/ground terminals, fixed that, then arced the speaker terminals (due to his speaker wire melting) and blew a bunch of fuses. The amp survived all of these incidents and just decided not to ever come out of protect one day.

Edited by An-i-no

that sounds like something grounded out or a loose connection somewhere! almost impossible to tell when everything burnt up

that sounds like something grounded out or a loose connection somewhere! almost impossible to tell when everything burnt up

I should clarify....he melted the pwr/ground terminals, got it fixed. Later on he arced the speaker terminals because of melted speaker wire. Then after that he blew both the 150 amp fuse for the amp and the 120 amp fuse at the battery. The amp survived all of that. It finally just died one day. I have it right here and nothing on the board is burnt or looks bad (granted I don't know shit about amp boards) and it powers up but won't come out of protection.

He has the AP18001D now and it's going through the same abuse and hasn't had any trouble yet. His lights dim like crazy and his rpm drops at idIe. don't see why people hate on these amps. In my experience they kick ass.

Edited by An-i-no