I cant seem to make up my mind on the subs I am looking at. the two that have my attention are the ssa zcon 18" and the sundown z v3 18". I am waiting on my crescendo bc2000D's. leaning more towards the zcon. Amp and sub are both 2250 rms @1 ohm. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Welcome

Both are great subs and people's opinions are going to very greatly. It comes down to which will fit your goals the best, which are?

Just want loud, low and clean music.

Welcome

Both are great subs and people's opinions are going to very greatly. It comes down to which will fit your goals the best, which are?

want to get as loud and loe as possable without killing my wallet

I have heard ZCONs are great at doing all 3 of those things :)

I have heard ZCONs are great at doing all 3 of those things smile.png

excellent ! also more power handeling and a couple bucks cheaper than the sundown z. love that they are made in the usa also. thank you for your opinion.

There is a member on here selling some used ZCONS.

There is a member on here selling some used ZCONS.

I get very nervous when I hear, used. Have had bad luck buying used audio. bought a used re xxx 15 last month and it sounded good but when I pulled it from the enclosure the coils were almost black!

Dark coils could just be the color of epoxy used, not that it was abused.

Dark coils could just be the color of epoxy used, not that it was abused.

Really ! did not know that. well it is gone anyways. I think my mind is made up with the zcon's though. one crescendo bc 2000D on each will hammer,right? ordering a 220 amp mechman alt and 2 xs 1800's with big 3 and 1/0 guage. will that suffice?

I have a single Z.3 18" powered by a DD M3a. Box is a tad under 6 cubes tuned to 29hz. It sounds fantastic playing any genre of music. I have not had it metered but I know it is well over 140.

Just want loud, low and clean music.

Only those three? biggrin.png

On a serious note, they are both very good subs according to people who own them and reviews, some have a different view but the majority say the same thing.

I have a 15" zcon right now, on a aq1200, and its amazing!!! lol But haven't heard the Zv3 in person, but have heard great reviews. Honestly, I don't believe you can go wrong with either order.

thank you, everyone, very excited about this build. will keep you all posted on my progress and post pictures when finished. not rich so have been buying piece by piece and will support ssa all the way.

Edited by RICKONSPL

thank you, everyone, very excited about this build. will keep you all posted on my progress and post pictures when finished. not rich so have been buying piece by piece and will support ssa all the way.

Good choice :)