WARFARE INC.

4 ssa 12" zcons and 2 crescendo bc5500d box build

I have a 1989 chevy caprice i want to build a box in the trunk any ideas of what type of box also i would like to get at least 4 xs batterys any ideas on group size or type xp series or D. (Will get more batterys if needed)

4 12" ssa zcon d2

2 CRESCENDO BC5500D

220AMP ALTENATOR

Welcome to SSA. I would suggest taking some measurements first, and that will be at least some info for people to be able to use to help with box suggestions.

x

Welcome to SSA. I would suggest taking some measurements first, and that will be at least some info for people to be able to use to help with box suggestions.

Maximum space 16"h x 62"L x 23" w

Should i be running dual 2 or dual 1 with a bc5500d

Edited by WARFARE INC.

I would suggest d2

You sure you're up for such a big setup not knowing how to wire your subs?

This x2. That's awfully expensive equipment to burn up if you're new to Car Audio.

You're going to need WAY more batteries or another alt because those 5500's will eat that 220 up like it's nothing.

Edited by An-i-no

You're better off running 4 xcon d4 12's , 220a alt, 4 xs (d3100) batts, and 1 bc5500.

You're better off running 4 xcon d4 12's , 220a alt, 4 xs (d3100) batts, and 1 bc5500.

Even though that's still a little big, I'd rather see this as well.

Four ZCON's in that space with proper bracing and enough port area isn't going to happen. Or shall I rephrase that, isn't a good idea.

you have to think about what the car uses just by itself also. with a 1100cca batt under the hood, big 3 done and a 220A alt i bet you still get your headlights to blink with a 2K amp. that is alot of expensive equipment to burn up, take it a step at a time. start with a 2K amp and that 220A alt with a pair of subs on it and work your way up from there when you gain the experience.

I started with 4 kicker l7 dual 4 on 2 quantum audio 4000

2optimas yellow top

I was ready to upgrade im use to the l7

when buying the subs i was told to run the amps at a half ohm to get more power that didnt seem right it seems unsafe i wanted d1 but i was givin bad advice

If someone from ssaudio could contact me it would help out like every one is saying that is a lot of money to burn up

So some one please save me from giving my self more problems i have not gotten the amps yet any open to better idea if ssaudio allows me to fix this sub prob my buget is $4000 to get this all right

There are no Dual 4 ohm Xcon's.

Do you plan on doing it all yourself or is someone (shop) going to do it for you?

Post a pic of your current system so we can get idea of what it looks like in your trunk, maybe we could help more after that...

That will be a a lot of bass. Is that a spl car you're building? I'm curious about the highs/mids???

I do have a mmats hd4000.1d should i get another or maby not get bc5500 and get 3500

Don't second guess yourself...just take a step back and think hard about what you can realistically do. You have an upgraded alt and a few batteries right? It sounds like with a few more batts you could run one BC3500 just fine. Pair that with a couple of Xcons or Zcons (they don't HAVE to have 2000+ watts to be loud) and you could be tearing shit up. Then when you get the hang of having a bigger system and know from experience how everything works you can start to go from big to huge.

It's like building a race car. You don't build a top notch 8 second car on your first try. Most people start with a street car that they added a few upgrades to and go from there. It's about experience.

I started with 4 kicker l7 dual 4 on 2 quantum audio 4000

2optimas yellow top

I was ready to upgrade im use to the l7

when buying the subs i was told to run the amps at a half ohm to get more power that didnt seem right it seems unsafe i wanted d1 but i was givin bad advice

If someone from ssaudio could contact me it would help out like every one is saying that is a lot of money to burn up

So some one please save me from giving my self more problems i have not gotten the amps yet any open to better idea if ssaudio allows me to fix this sub prob my buget is $4000 to get this all right

On a good day you might get 1000w out of them quantum 4000d they are way over rated amps

2 mmats hd4000.1d or 2 bc3500.1d on 4 zcons

your gonna need alot more electrical for that. you would need a couple 350-400A alts and a nice big upgraded battery under the hood and a couple in the back.

Yes i know i have 2 much and no im not getting xcons i already got zcons, i go all out when i do stuff, i have 6 batterys in total and im getting 2 more and 1 220a alt and a stock alt i also plug my car in to charge when not in use i do know my wireing options im just wondering wich one is best to go with when thers 2 amps involed is it better to run them separate or strapped together

I have a mmats hd4000.1d should i get a nother or should i run 2 crescendo bc3500.1d since every body thinks 2 crescendo bc5500.1d is a bad idea

I do want to push these subs to ther full potential while still being safe

I want this to be my last time upgrading the sounds i dont want amps that would just make them hit hard i want to be obnoxious im buiding a costum box ported firing into the car sealed off you could fit 6 dead bodys in my trunk so i do have the air space for the subs im going all out i dont have a budget i am upgrading the electric and if im going to upgrade anything it will be from a car to a truck so i could wall it off. O fuck Eds lil bus

2 mmats hd4000.1d or 2 bc3500.1d on 4 zcons

your gonna need alot more electrical for that. you would need a couple 350-400A alts and a nice big upgraded battery under the hood and a couple in the back.

So whats your opinion 2 mmats or 2 crescendo