WARFARE INC.

4 ssa 12" zcons and 2 crescendo bc5500d box build

this is a good topic. warefare inc. is one of my customers, a bit confused on what he REALLY WANTS but ive been trying my best to help him out. here is what i suggusted him to do. 4 dual 1ohm zcons, 2 mmats hd4000.1, and of course a custom fully braced enclosure that i will have my enclosure guy build (ported if possible) and firing forward into the cabin and sealed off from the trunk. lots of batteries, and a 2nd alt if he can have someone do it, cause im not familiar in that dept. now some have said that getting 4 zcons in a proper enclosure will not happen, but i know my stuff and will do my best to make it happen, ported if possible, seald if not. but either way im very knowledgeable in car audio since 1993 as an installer and now the owner of a car audio shop in chicago. ill post enclosure specs when available. i know for sure that if he lets me do the whole install and completely let me run with it, he will be extremely satisfied and have one of the loudest and best looking customized trunks in chicago.

(ported if possible)

I hope so because having the ZCON sealed would be silly. It sounds good in theory but getting the proper ported box in that space does not sound possible to me.

and by the way, he has a chevy caprice and so does alot of other people in chicago! every one of those caprices have a straight accross four 12 "cheap flea market box". he is looking to out do the competition, now thats not hard to do! he just needs to let me do what i have been doing since 1993. i know of a lot of people in chicago with huge sound systems, some have 4-12" some have 4-15". i rarely come accross anyone who enters my shop with a better sounding setup and louder than mine with 2-10" xcons powered by a mmats 3000.5 on stock electrical. what im sying is that most people buy the regular stuff, kicker, alpine and so on, and they ALWAYS put the subs in a cheap assembly line built WANNNA BE ENCLOSURE. and they think its hitting. lol and more lol.... so when i build a enclosure and redo a customers setup, they are always amazed by what i have done , and done in a timely manner and at a realistic price.

and by the way, he has a chevy caprice and so does alot of other people in chicago! every one of those caprices have a straight accross four 12 "cheap flea market box". he is looking to out do the competition, now thats not hard to do! he just needs to let me do what i have been doing since 1993. i know of a lot of people in chicago with huge sound systems, some have 4-12" some have 4-15". i rarely come accross anyone who enters my shop with a better sounding setup and louder than mine with 2-10" xcons powered by a mmats 3000.5 on stock electrical. what im sying is that most people buy the regular stuff, kicker, alpine and so on, and they ALWAYS put the subs in a cheap assembly line built WANNNA BE ENCLOSURE. and they think its hitting. lol and more lol.... so when i build a enclosure and redo a customers setup, they are always amazed by what i have done , and done in a timely manner and at a realistic price.

Okay

(ported if possible)

I hope so because having the ZCON sealed would be silly. It sounds good in theory but getting the proper ported box in that space does not sound possible to me.

it does not sound possible, however i will figure this one out! this will be the toughest enclosure design ( considering the space im working with and wanting to be ported) that i will have to do, but will do and install if he gives the ok. good thing come to those who wait, and better things happen if you let someone else take care of it.

warefare inc said "oh f...k eds lil bus" . lmfao.......

Linus, i don't want to insult you, but sit back and learn a thing or two from us. what you think is plausable just won't happen. he needs atleast two 400A alts and still keep his battery bank. he said that he has the Xcons already, awesome, those sealed will work. if you go with a ported enclosure your gonna need atleast 13+cubes gross considering the port will take up a few cubes and with how large the enclosure will be you'll have to properly brace it. i'm getting board now, i'll let somebody else take over from here

The 2 5500s idea is a little far fetched, but I'm a little confused at the idea that he doesn't have the space to pull off those subs. I don't know if the OP really measured his trunk or not, but those caprices have more trunk space than most mid-sized SUVs have cargo space. Theres a PROBLEM if you can't get them to fit!

(ported if possible)

it does not sound possible, however i will figure this one out! this will be the toughest enclosure design ( considering the space im working with and wanting to be ported) that i will have to do, but will do and install if he gives the ok. good thing come to those who wait, and better things happen if you let someone else take care of it.

You really are full of shit in this thread. Maybe basket weaving would be more up your alley.

customer does not have xcons! but ill sit back and when the time comes we will see what he does.

no need for insults here, we are all grown men. anything is possible! thats why its called custom.

(ported if possible)

You really are full of shit in this thread. Maybe basket weaving would be more up your alley.

not only can i build the enclosure and make it work!, im an awsome basket weaver too, and a basket case or anything you can think of.....

Hmmm I'm not sure why this thread has turned out this way. I was just giving my advice for the application in question. I hope that it works out. I really hope that I didn't offend anyone.

this is a good topic. warefare inc. is one of my customers, a bit confused on what he REALLY WANTS but ive been trying my best to help him out. here is what i suggusted him to do. 4 dual 1ohm zcons, 2 mmats hd4000.1, and of course a custom fully braced enclosure that i will have my enclosure guy build (ported if possible) and firing forward into the cabin and sealed off from the trunk. lots of batteries, and a 2nd alt if he can have someone do it, cause im not familiar in that dept. now some have said that getting 4 zcons in a proper enclosure will not happen, but i know my stuff and will do my best to make it happen, ported if possible, seald if not. but either way im very knowledgeable in car audio since 1993 as an installer and now the owner of a car audio shop in chicago. ill post enclosure specs when available. i know for sure that if he lets me do the whole install and completely let me run with it, he will be extremely satisfied and have one of the loudest and best looking customized trunks in chicago.

I'm still trying to figure out where all the amperage is coming from.....?

Nice boxes and trim panels don't run amps....you need more AMPERAGE.

There are plenty of people running less alternator output then their amp draws. Batteries will be fine. It's not going to blow up his system. unless he's playing full tilt ALL the time, he's going to be fine.

But not knowing how much room you have for the amount of subs you want to go with in a ported box is retarded. Getting the zcons and putting them in a sealed box with this type of power is stupid as someone had said. i'd go with less subs for a better sized box and then you could also go with less power at that point too.

good box > more cone area and power.

There are plenty of people running less alternator output then their amp draws. Batteries will be fine. It's not going to blow up his system. unless he's playing full tilt ALL the time, he's going to be fine.

But not knowing how much room you have for the amount of subs you want to go with in a ported box is retarded. Getting the zcons and putting them in a sealed box with this type of power is stupid as someone had said. i'd go with less subs for a better sized box and then you could also go with less power at that point too.

good box > more cone area and power.

i agree to a point, but if he doesn't have sufficient alternator power for the batteries he is gonna tax the hell out of his electrical and on top of that he will have to charge his batts. every night. i do agree that a pair of xcons maybe with a couple 2K amps and a couple batts. with big 3 done would be okay with the amount of alt. power that he will have assuming that he doesn't run full tilt at all times though. i still bet his lights will be dimming pretty bad though because it ain't gonna take long before draining those reserves

Tell him to get 2 15" Zcons and to keep his actual amp (the MMATS). He can be louder than many with a system like that.

That will leave him some money left to work seriously on the electrical, and maybe some to work on a good frontstage(he never told us anything about it).

OP : have you used deadening products ? You should, and it's not cheap to do it right.

Good luck, and tell us what you choose !

:popcorn:

This is interesting...