Sign in to follow this  
NDMstang65

Official SI Demo Car Build Thread!

Well the enclosure was painted yesterday but the solvent popped overnight so it needs to be re-sprayed. :Doh: For those of you who don't know what solvent popping looks like - it looks like a BUNCH of tiny little blisters all over the surface, usually gathered in little sections. After doing some research on solvent popping I found out that one of the leading causes is putting on the clear too thick (which my painter admitted to doing to try and "smooth out" the surface). So needless to say he's re-spraying it tomorrow after I get off work.

I deadened my doors a little so here are a few pics of the doors along with a few of the enclosure after I got it back and wet sanded it with 400 and then 600.

needs more lovin from some high build primer and some 600 grit

some glaze wouldnt hurt in some places either

one thing you gotta learn about spraying fiberglass...gotta use a chitload of high build primer to get it to not look 'wavy' and lay down smooth....

3 cans of primer on this..and i shot it with a rattle can...

clearcoated1.jpg

clearcoated2.jpg

paint1.jpg

Course i didnt have the time to finish all of it on yours like i did on this one either...

He'll figure it out ;)

The only way to run wire into the doors is to drill a hole right next to the harness.

The boot cover will cover it up.

You have to take the fender off but it wont be super ghetto.

Wire loom is my friend. :) No drilling in my doors and I'm not taking off the fender. It's not that critical - it just needs to be there.

And the sprayer put the clear on too thick. It'll be fixed shortly. ...b!tches.

[22:00] ChadKevinHicks: lemmons = fired

[22:00] NDMstang65v2: yep

[22:00] NDMstang65v2: check minus'd

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

In case you didn't know, I found that funny. :fing34:

maybe this car can make the SWVA 3rd annual meet?

Yes that is Peel-n-seal on the doors. I use it exclusively. Everything else I've used oozes out over time. P&S stays put, doesn't run, and is the best bang-for-your-buck out there.

...of course if you don't use a heat gun with P&S you need to be punched.

And yeah Chad, I'm trying to get the teg finished by then to come up there that weekend!

nah, when I bring it up nothing is getting yanked out of that car. The enclosure/amp rack is part of the back of the Integra so it's staying there.

Yes that is Peel-n-seal on the doors.  I use it exclusively.  Everything else I've used oozes out over time.  P&S stays put, doesn't run, and is the best bang-for-your-buck out there. 

...of course if you don't use a heat gun with P&S you need to be punched.

And yeah Chad, I'm trying to get the teg finished by then to come up there that weekend!

So you use Tara Labs interconnects and speaker wire, yet you settle for peal and seal???

Simply unacceptable Mr. Nick :(...

nG

I wanna hear this bish. You need to drive up to the Bend sometime.

Hot d@mn :)

P&S has NEVER come off any car I've used it on (even on the roof of one car). Why pay more money for other deadener when it does nothing more performance-wise? I don't buy products because of the name.

If speakers and speaker wire were the same way I'd be using Sparkomatics all the way around and walmart wire...but they're not the same. :)

do you want me to bring the spl enclosure for the mags?

i aughta slap you on the forehead with teh fo millies for even thinkin about that

after all that work i put into that chit, ill be gat damn if that is coming out of that car for a f'n ugly ass mdf box.

:soapbox: