Drmmr4life

Skar VVX 15's Design: opinions on this?

Pic of specs (or really close to, but hows the design, first ever, opinons, ideas, positive feeback.... will it work?? lol thanks guys!!

post-23466-0-10232700-1340204243_thumb.j

post-23466-0-96410000-1340204264_thumb.p

post-23466-0-46766100-1340204271_thumb.p

post-23466-0-11517400-1340204283_thumb.p

post-23466-0-90354800-1340204296_thumb.p

Edited by Drmmr4life

Perhaps explaining why you picked what enclosure volume, port size and length would help. Otherwise it is a bit arbitrary in anyone's response.

I thought you got smart and were going to use a different driver?

Perhaps explaining why you picked what enclosure volume, port size and length would help. Otherwise it is a bit arbitrary in anyone's response.

M5,

I thought you only offered constructive responses? Because that is blatantly a derogatory comment at the end. He is very happy with the Skar VVX-15 and is choosing to get more of them. For a minute I actually thought you were going to give him advice...

Mike - I am on my phone - but from what I can see in your images at a quick glance - the box looks great =)

-Kevin

Edited by Kevin S

Let me put this into perspective.

That box will have a very narrow frequency response and will sound like shit. If you arbitrarily dropped a single Xcon 15 into the SAME box with the SAME power it will be louder from every where except between 45-65Hz where the Skar will be theoretically louder although not enough for you to hear the difference. Not sure why you'd do that....

The response of the VVX series was designed and geared for people who don't know what they are doing. Getting one to have a decent response in a box is extremely tough....although if you like peaky plays a few note wonders they are fine. Seriously odd choice IMO.

M5,

I thought you only offered constructive responses? Because that is blatantly a derogatory comment at the end. He is very happy with the Skar VVX-15 and is choosing to get more of them. For a minute I actually thought you were going to give him advice...

Mike - I am on my phone - but from what I can see in your images at a quick glance - the box looks great =)

-Kevin

It is constructive. He made another thread and decided on a different driver before you misled him again. Since you like the box so much perhaps you can explain why. 5.5cuft and those 15's is NOT going to work out well unless you seriously don't care about frequency response. I'll wait for your response although I expect that you'll punt again.

two projects with the skar and other subs. this is my first design and kinda has no purpose. constructive is good so thanks m5. i didnt know what exactly to may for these. I am jumping to different subs, but i may do 1 more skar for sake of in the mean time.

and picked the volume because on skars site its rec 3 cubes each max. so i thought more port area per foot was good. . . and chose the length to lower tuning

Edited by Drmmr4life

two projects with the skar and other subs. this is my first design and kinda has no purpose. constructive is good so thanks m5. i didnt know what exactly to may for these. I am jumping to different subs, but i may do 1 more skar for sake of in the mean time.

Dont waste your money!

M5,

-Kevin

Why don't you just edit his post to your liking? Oh wait, you can't--otherwise you would...