Sign in to follow this  
keetykush

Box/port too small?

A year or two ago I had a box made by the local shop, I asked them to build it the specs of IA for the LI 15 but I'm doubtful they did so?

The port looked and always seemed too small, it doesn't have any L shap as far as the port goes its just straight back and seems too slim...how would I measure the port to see the tuning and determine the total cubic feet?

Also by first glance, does anyone think something is wrong here with the port....when I see most other builds by specs they all look a lot bigger...shady shops, only in it for the money smh..9r3yts.jpg

I'll upload some more pictures tomorrow for a better look...

Edited by keetykush

from the looks of it, the port does look too small.

measure the port area. that is the length and width of the port (on the face of the box, not the depth in extends into the box). if we know that the port area is too small then no need to measure anymore because the box is garbage.

Edited by lithium

wow tiny port brother just from the picture. |Sorry to hear that.

14" x 1.75"?

I'm going to measure, I was pissed from the start but it was too late then...it didn't sound too horrible. Do they any people that still make and ship enclosures on here...any recommendations?

14" x 1.75"?

I would say thats about right, didn't have enough space to just get in there and do it right, I'd take it out but from just putting the tape measurer up to it with the space I had....your guess/estimate was pretty close.

I'm more bothered by the fact that the sub is upside down...or that your trunk defies gravity. Anyway, without knowing the dimensions of the port, it's hard to say what it's tuned to just by looking at it. I would guess you don't have enough port area though.

There is something wrong that its upside down?

I didn't notice any difference, but feel free to tell me something different...and what do you mean by my trunk defying gravity?

Does it really make a difference?

How do you know, I just don't have the dust cap on that way?

If that bothers you, more power to you...I wish that was the least of my concerns.

Edited by keetykush

Your driver positioning / orientation is fine, but your port area is slim, which can cause "chuffing" sounds, and limit output potential.

Yeah, I know the box seemed off from the get go but its too late, anyone on the forums putting out enclosures...I know there used to be a few but it seems the community is lacking at the moment.

DC Creations I think is.