Sign in to follow this  
superman_69

4 vvx10's need power....Decisions, decisions...

hey guys,

its been a while since i last was on here. Broke down and decided to get 4 skar vvx10's for my truck. Its a 2001 ford f250. The woofers are d4's so ive been trying to figure out which was the bes route to go with amps. I wont lie, I picked up a Soundstream rub1.1600d initally and was going two run two of them (2 woofers per 1600). Electrcial wont be an issue as i already have a 270 amp alt and an xs power 3000 secondary battery. Deka batt in the front. I'm just stretched on amp choice. I've looked at everythng and just cant decide. I trust the soundstream, but if there is better out there, i wanna try them. any suggestions? if i could keep it under $800 id be stoked...lol

Are you planning on running them at 0.5 or 2 ohms?

It looks like he wants to run a pair at 1 ohm each or strapped at 2.

It looks like he wants to run a pair at 1 ohm each or strapped at 2.

thats right..... it was my understanding from a power stand point you gane more with running two amps, but its much more efficiant to run just one if possible...(cant spell, just woke up. lol)

forget what you just said.. what's wrong with getting 2 of those soundstream amps?

Your cheapest option will be to get 2 1ohm stable amps as it is.

From th elittle research i did, its budget friendly to run two amps at 1 ohm each or strap at 2 ohm. Most of the amps that ive seen that produce big power at 2ohms can get real pricey..... EX. SAZ-3500d, Skar sk4500.1, BC3500 to name a few ive looked at...

@shizzon. Nothing i just assumed i could maybe do better. Ive heard alot of good things about the ruby's but ive also heard a few horror stories. I did purchase one already, just got hesitant after i found some of the horror stories. I have another vehicle it could go in thats why i didnt trip after i bought it....

oh.. well you should be looking for 2 1ohm stable amps rated for about 1500-2000w per amp.

If you do get something bigger than 1500w, make sure you are well aware of how to play your system so it doesn't go up in smoke.

oh.. well you should be looking for 2 1ohm stable amps rated for about 1500-2000w per amp.

If you do get something bigger than 1500w, make sure you are well aware of how to play your system so it doesn't go up in smoke.

thanx for he advice. I think you helped me a while back when i had my taurus. That build came out really great.

I certainly dont wanna smoke anything. Any opinion on a better amp besides the soundstream? i was certainly considering the cresendo bc2000d....just dont know if 2 vvx10's can take one

Edited by Superman_69

..just dont know if 2 vvx10's can take one

Those Crecsendo's do come with gain knobs you know ;)

99% of the time when an amplifier fails, it's due to user error. I would just stick with your original plan and save the headache.

..just dont know if 2 vvx10's can take one

Those Crecsendo's do come with gain knobs you know wink.png

99% of the time when an amplifier fails, it's due to user error. I would just stick with your original plan and save the headache.

Not really sure what you mean by headache. But i completely understand what you mean by user error. I've seen many users fry an amp or blow woofers because they had no clue what they were doing. I dont wanna be just a street beater. I enjoy quality bass. But i also want to hold my own at a show here and there. I like when people have no clue what im running but amazed at how clean it is.....thats the rush...

Edited by Superman_69

You won't notice a difference in how it sounds between any of the suggested amplifiers.

You won't notice a difference in how it sounds between any of the suggested amplifiers.

ive heard that before. guess i'll just stop spinning my wheels and get the crescendos...