I need an amp to power 2 xcon 18's, or zcon 18's (sub choice as of now, may change but that power range) Need a good solid amp with clean power, price insnt a complete issue but pref about 1k new. dont mind strpping two smaller amps, and im a fan of dual power/ground inputs. suggestions?

car is 99 jeep grand cherokee

subs are as stated most likely 2 xcon 18's or zcon 18s

""SQL"" kinda of set up plays music, very loud.

will have big 3 and singer 250a alt, and xs 6500 under hood, maybe some d3100 in the back.

DC 5.0k

AB 500.1

Sundown 4500d

Crescendo 5500

How about the Stetsom V 5k2 E?

You're definitely going to need those batteries.

I would slap 5k on s pair of xcons without prior experience. No doubt they can handle it

what does box size have to do with a 5k amp?

More than you think. Ill leave it to M5 to explain if he feels like it.

i mean 5k is 5k, right? it wasnt a will these handle 5k in this box cuz i know it matters then.

The bigger the box the less power they will take. Xcons or zcons

Is this for competition or daily driving?

i mean 5k is 5k, right? it wasnt a will these handle 5k in this box cuz i know it matters then.

sorry sir... but you are wrong.

lol talk to Julian on here... he has a PowerBass 5K amp that im sure he will sell you....

Both Crescendo and DD amps have worked flawlessly for me. I just but an American Bass amp at a great price new. Stick with a reputable brand.

You are going to need to be easy on the volume knob with your electrical and a 5k amp.

If you have to ask that question, you have no business messing with 5K. Hell, you shouldn't be playing at all.

biggrin.png

Op, theses guys know their stuff, and i can tell you really want to learn, go easy and you will learn alot.

Above is true, but I also don't want to see you stuff those in a 5 cube box. Not saying you are, but in your last thread you wanted to use a 5 cube box.

That and you typed SQL. Not a term that means anything here. If you need clarity on that you can reference my signature.

I'm just glad you aren't being further confused by Kevin. His response to you on what will work well was downright shameful.

last box was 5 cubes cuz thats al those vvxs can handle lol (acc to kevin and the skar site). and nooo wa bigger box for these bitches (12-14 net cubes) . . . and i know amp subs and box all matter a lot! but that wasnt my original question. i asked about 5k amps, not will these handle 5k in whatever box. im simply looking for some 5k amp options in th 1k range.

last box was 5 cubes cuz thats al those vvxs can handle lol (acc to kevin and the skar site). and nooo wa bigger box for these bitches (12-14 net cubes) . . . and i know amp subs and box all matter a lot! but that wasnt my original question. i asked about 5k amps, not will these handle 5k in whatever box. im simply looking for some 5k amp options in th 1k range.

You were already advised on what amps to buy.So you have found your answer.