ku5hk1ng

do i need to break in my ssd 12's ? ive yes and no but idk if its

i bought 2 12 SSD i just wanted to know if i really have to break them in for a week or 2

Nope. Make sure if you are ported that you set your ssf filter properly.

Did you even look in the forum your posting in?? The same thread is directly under yours with answers in them.

wtf.gif

Turn it up! No need to wait, as long as your settings are set correctly.

Lol... there is a break in period before the subs settle into spec and "sound". While most just hammer away on them right out of the box, letting things crack their knuckles and stretch a little is never a bad idea before turning the knob to 11.

Settings will change as they break in too. Too often people set the subsonic for a fresh "stiff" speaker thinking that it looks like itll take more power and when it breaks in do not reset when the mechanical portion settles into spec.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By scizzle
      I have just sold my car and I had to remove my subs and amps.  not planning to install them again in my new truck.
      I have a sundown audio SAZ1500D & SAX100.4D.
      I also have two 12" SSD's with the upgraded coils.
      These are from an older install, but have not been beaten to death and are in great shape.
      i have no idea what these are worth figured it's a great first time setup for someone. I'm assuming around $500ish for all of it.
      Local pickup will be the easiest obviously Sarasota/Tampa/St. Pete/Bradenton/Venice. But Willing to ship if the price is right (I can get a quote).
      Willing to sell individually if you want.
      email me: sc1zzle@yahoo.com

• By Thomas Iturraran
      Vehicle : 1973 VW Beetle
      Location in the vehicle: Rear cargo area; sub pointed up
      Space available (Length x Width x Height): 35" length x 12" depth x 12-15" height
      Subwoofer make and model: Fi SSD
      Subwoofer Size: 10
      Number of Subwoofers: 1
      Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): Rectangle w/ 45's
      What type of music do you like?: EDM, RAP, Rock, 
      Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday high sq 
      Tuning Freq (Hz): 35 - 38hz?
      Volume : 1 - 1.5?
      Questions:

So I have modeled up a few different enclosure in win isd but I just want some confirmation as to what you guys think will work best for my listening needs. From what I have read on this forum that I believe Fi recommends a tuning between 31-35hz and 1.5 cu ft. Modeled the box up they suggest and some of the numbers in win isd don't seem to comply with recommendations I find online, for ex. port velocity seems way too high ~ 130ft/s and output seems to lack around the 40-50hz region. From what I understand it seems as though when designing a box in a small vehicle such as my VW you can go a little bit higher due to cabin gain if I understand correctly. After modeling it seems as though 1-1.25 cu ft and a tuning of 38hz seems to produce a nice curve that also had minimal group delay and won't produce a ridiculous peak in output. My question is are there any other suggestion as to maybe more box volume or less and will there be any unforeseen issues with tuning to 38hz instead of 35? Also can someone give me any insight on how tuning affects subs ability to play in the 60-100 hz region? If I understand correctly tuning lower limits the sub woofers ability to play the higher notes?
    • By DedicatedEnthusiast
      Ok so new speakers are on their way soon so I am willing to let these go for $350 shipped in original packaging from Fi. They are dual 12'' SSD's with cooling just as the image says and are just over six months old. Again feel free to PM me with any additional questions or concerns.
    • By DedicatedEnthusiast
      Got two 12'' Fi SSD's for sale that are literally less than six months old. They sound absolutely amazing in fact my ears were ringing after having listened to them for ten to fifteen minutes straight or so just the other day. They come with stock copper coils (meant for daily musical play) and cooling option for an additional 2-500 watts or so of increased power handling (giving each speaker an average of 1200-1500 watts RMS power handling for a total combined amount of 2400-3000 watts power handling) depending upon the install. The price for the pair is $450 shipped to your door in all of Fi's original packaging. Shipping alone runs right around $80 for the pair even if new from Fi so the price per speaker outside of shipping cost is actually about $185. These things look and sound practically brand new. The ONLY reason I am selling them is because i ended up getting a much larger than anticipated alternator installed and would like to take advantage of its abilities with larger more powerful speakers soon. It may be sort of hard to see my SSA username at the top of my sales sheet in the pictures below due to the lighting when they were taken but if you tilt your computer screen back and away from you I find that it is much easier to see that way. Please feel free to PM me with any additional questions or concerns:)

• Recent YouTube Posts