I'm going to replace the speakers in my 98 blazer. Would it be worth it to put components in the back or just have components in the front and coaxials in the back? i plan on my this amp http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Alpine+-+Power+Pack+180W+Class+D+Bridgeable+Multichannel+Amplifier+with+High-Pass+Filter/4769803.p?id=1218524495173&skuId=4769803 and these are the components i want to buy http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34373_Alpine-SPS-610C.html

If its not worth i plan to buy alpine type s coaxials

No need to have rear Speakers. Just spend your money on good ones for your front doors.

Unless you there are people riding in the back regularly, you will be happier spending more on better speakers up front.

I have experience with the Type-S' and I don't think they are that good. I have Type-R 6x8s and they sound much better than the Type-S'.

Just buy a better set of comps for the front stage. Forget the rear speakers, that will leave you more money for the front ones. (you will need only a 2 ch amplifier).

If you're set on Alpine, try the type R or even X.

Do you have a sub in the back? If you dont, then, might as well put a comp or coaxial in the rear.

Hmm didnt see your other thread, disregard the above.

Edited by StreetLegal

Don't install anything in the rear. Put all of your speaker funds towards the front speakers. If you absolutely must have rear speakers, just keep the stock speakers.

Also, don't use the amp on the rear speakers. Bridge it to the front speakers. If you must use rear speakers, just power them off of the headunit.

My buddy has a similar suv w/o back speakers and i don't like the sound of it at ALL! I'm going to buy type r components for the front and some decent rockfords for the back.

My buddy has a similar suv w/o back speakers and i don't like the sound of it at ALL! I'm going to buy type r components for the front and some decent rockfords for the back.

Were his speakers in the front shitty? :peepwall:

Then keep the rears stock ran off of HU power and put all of your amplifier power and $$ to the front speakers.

Do you have any sound deadening installed?

Its on the way. Dynamatting the whole car

the power pack is a waste of money, you can get a decent 2 or 4 channel for less.

I understand i can get one for less but its much more of a hassle to install a 2 channnel. My buddy has the power pack on some kickers and it's won of the best component sytems i've ever heard and i go to spls all the time and listen to just their speakers

My buddy has a similar suv w/o back speakers and i don't like the sound of it at ALL!

don't blame the lack of rears for a poor install

it wasn't a poor install. He had them installed by the best place in my area. I just like having an all around sound not just in the front stage

What's your actual price range?

I'm not getting anything other than alpines just depends on type s, r, or x

it wasn't a poor install. He had them installed by the best place in my area.

So by that measure, surgery performed by the best "surgeon" in the darkest reaches of Africa must be good becuase he's the best in the area. False logic.

What's your actual price range?

I'm not getting anything other than alpines just depends on type s, r, or x

You should look at IA 6.5 comps. They Are great for the price. Alpines are over priced!

Alpines are over priced!

For the love of god I wish people would quit using that term just because they have found something else they like that is less expensive.

So by that measure, surgery performed by the best "surgeon" in the darkest reaches of Africa must be good becuase he's the best in the area. False logic.

They are one of the best installers in the midwest. Anyone that does spl or anything has them install their stuff.

They are one of the best installers in the midwest. Anyone that does spl or anything has them install their stuff.

And that means nothing other than they are good at convincing people to spend money with them. I can't tell you how many things I've fixed from "the best" installers in the Midwest.

Alright well i know a lot of people who have had things installed there and never had a complaint. People at mwspl comps always ask where we got our stuff installed so i'm gonna go ahead and say that they install well

You obviously know everything and are going to do what this magic shop says and have no interest in listening to any advice here so why even ask?

Bolting speakers into a factory location and connecting a wire is NOT an install btw.

Lollll. But hey the IA comps are very good man. For the price I don't think you won't be satisfied. It's clear, and can be loud. I'm still tweaking with it but satisfied 100%.

And I agree with everyone else about the 6x9s in the rear just be powered off the headunit. If you're going to spend that extra money get a good amp for the front and not the back, I learned the hard way when I wanted to amp some 6x9s in the back. I bought the Rockford fosgate t1 coaxials, amped them, than just ran them off headunit and there wasn't much difference. (amp was a Jensen 2 channel)

Good luck with everything though.

And about the shop, I have a shop here that everybody always trusts and I always question why, but now when I think about it, they actually are very good. I guess it's just the generalization that ALL shops are just out for your money. Not true in ALL cases. There are good ones every once in a while. Just sayin.