mr_bill

Newbie wants to buy a Fi sub!

Thanks street

Im going to build my own based on they drawing for the Q

Thanks street

Im going to build my own based on they drawing for the Q

You are welcome, good luck on the build and the install, you could not have gone wrong with either the Q or the Icon they are both very good drivers. Let us know how it turns out.

Well now, the more I read the more confused I get........are SKAR, SUNDOWN, SSA, FI all basically the same products and does it matter which 12" I get - priced in the $195-$285 dollar range?

Um NO, not the same products!!!

I would stay with SSA or Fi both made in the USA. When I get my GCONS I will let you know how they sound on a ported box.

I've built the sealed box that was diagrammed above.

Do I need a 'gasket' between the Fi Q 12" and the box?

Also with trunk mounting a sealed sub in my Ford Fusion - where should I place the sub in the trunk and which way should I face the sub?

Thanks guys!

I've built the sealed box that was diagrammed above.

Do I need a 'gasket' between the Fi Q 12" and the box?

Also with trunk mounting a sealed sub in my Ford Fusion - where should I place the sub in the trunk and which way should I face the sub?

Thanks guys!

The sub will come with gasket, so you won't need one. As for placement, you will have to test that out (unless someone here has experience with a Fusion?).

I picked up a slightly used SSA Icon 12" on the classifieds and will mount it in my sealed box (the Fi Q specified sealed box, but they are pretty close).

I picked up a slightly used SSA Icon 12" on the classifieds and will mount it in my sealed box (the Fi Q specified sealed box, but they are pretty close).

What size?

Well the SDA Icon is installed in a sealed box, facing the rear of the trunk and is a beast.

Cant imagine why anyone would need more. Its working great.

Edited by mr_bill